Is it awkward that I didn't kiss her?

I met this girl online on a school dating website. She's really cool and swims for the school. It went really well and we were like flirting and pushing and touching each other and that deal. There were several opportunities that I could have kissed her, but I pussied out. I'm pretty sure she noticed, and after a while wanted to leave because she might have been getting uncomfortable. I walked her to her car, and she drove my past the dorm to drop me off again. I hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. What do I do now? I don't want her to get uncomfortable with the situation. She swims for our d1 school. She has a meet on Valentine's day, which I'm going to go see her. Should I text her at all between? What is the best way to get rid of the awkwardness of tonight?

What Girls Said 1

• Its not awkward

• haha why do I feel that way then?

• She's definitely single. I met her on a dating website lol. She was flirting with me all night.

• Well, ask her out tp coffee :)

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think this was a make or break situation. It's often awkward to time a first kiss. If you focus on it, the awkwardness will only increase. Treat this as a successful date and look forward to next one. By all means make some casual contact before you next see her to assure her that you're still interested in her. If the next date is successful maybe the timing will be right for a kiss then.