Do guys only like skinny girls?

I am 5'10 and a size 12. I'm not really sure if I'm fat or not but will guys not like me because I'm not skinny?

Most Helpful Guy

• How it basically works is that everyone has a "standard" in appearance and once you hit the minimum standard they'll go for, everything else is a bonus. Many guys seem to like twigs in the media, but if you see twigs in public, they're not necessarily attractive. The media just doctors the photos up to the point where they aren't real at all.

Guys typically follow the "rib cage" rule. If you can see her rib cage, she's probably no good. Not many guys can deal with a girl who needs to stick her finger down her throat every meal because she fears she's gonna get fat.

Now slimmer girls do look more attractive, but there's also a large amount of them who make themselves impossible to date because they're so self-entitled. So this is where I can give ya some good news. While I hate rating systems, I'll put it this way. Every guy has a "standard" in appearances as to what they'll go for. If a guy wants to date, once he hits that minimum rating, he starts looking at everything else. So if he can date a girl who guys would deem a 6, all the extra "points" won't even matter. If you are a 6 and an 8 comes along, even though she's nicer to look at, he's still going to typically look at everything else anyway because he's already happy with your appearance. So if you're a 6 and someone's an 8, he's not gonna be looking at who is prettier because he's already content. He'll be looking at everything else like attitudes and such.

What Guys Said 13

• We may always seem to ogle at supermodels, but I think you'll find that we're just as flexible as women are when finding a significant other. So no, there's no reason you won't find a guy that will be unable to take his eyes off you and your unique charm. So please use responsibly.

• No, please... No. Skinny women like you see on billboards, do nothing for me... I like a woman with some meat, not fat mind you, but has substance. It's just sexy.

• No, some guys are attracted to girls that are not skinny, bit larger. I know a lot of guys that are. I'm more attracted to skinny/fit girls I'll admit. However just be happy with yourself and if you are not happy with yourself you have the power to change that and make a difference in how you look. But make sure you do any changes for YOU not someone else. Not saying you need to make changes, but if you think it will how you and how you view yourself, go for it. Earring right and working out goes a long way, but again if you're happy the way you are, that's great! You'll still find soneone right for you!

• I would have to see what you look like in order to answer that question. To me, I have seen beautiful Big Girls, and then I have seen not so Beautiful Big Girls. Though a twelve isn't all that big in my books, to some it might be too big for them. All of my kids' mothers were big: 210+.

• Some girls think you need to be extremely skinny. They eat very little, get anorexia and are surprised that we still don't like them.

So, don't try to be too skinny, just be yourself! The smile will do the job, not the size :-)

• I bet a lot of guys would be interested.

• My dear friend, there are many guys who will love to date you. So cheers. Think positive and wait for a guy who will date you.

• I actually hate skinny girls. They feel weird to hug. I've said it countless of times that I like a little meat on women

• Size 12... where are you from? UK size 12 is size 8 in the US. and US size 12 is size 16 in the UK. Even with that. I have no idea how big 12/8/16 is when it comes to size. As for guys not liking you because you're not skinny? The answer is, no guys will like you if they find you attractive. You can be skinny and unattractive and not be skinny and be attractive. It's about how your body carries your weight, and it's about how YOU carry yourself. That's what attracts guys.

• should be a comma after "no" in the sentence, "The answer is, no, guys will like you if they find you attractive. Haha, without that comma it kind of sounds like I'm saying that if you're attractive, no guys will like you. Oops.

• did you do it?

• I friend requested you. Only way to message.

• You'll be fine. I'm sure of that. Honestly, if you have a decent face, plenty of guys will find you to be very attractive.

• I don't think most guys have any idea what a size 12 looks like. We don't pay much attention to women's sizes, or measurements.

We don't all like skinny girls, but most of us don't like fat girls. Most women think they need to be skinnier than men actually prefer. The reason why models are so thin, is because that is the female ideal, and they are marketing to women.

You are 5'10 and that is pretty tall for a girl, so a lot of guys might assume you are only interested in guys that are at least a couple of inches taller than you. Since 50% of guys are shorter than 5'10 that leaves out a lot of guys. So that might be holding some guys back. I doubt your dress size has anything to do with it. It can hurt getting rejected so most guys only ask out a woman if he already has an idea she is interested.

• If you're overweight, you're limiting your chances.

But you don't have to be skinny.

You don't sound overweight, but it's difficult to say without a pic.

• link

Size 12, like the size 12 woman on that picture? That's fine. Just don't go to size 14, lmao.

• O.o I'm a size 0. I'm not even on the list.

• err... thinks it helps if you know how tall these girls are... 5'10" size 12 is different than 5'2" size 12. obviously the taller girl will look slimmer at the same size as a shorter one with the same width measurements.

• Truthfully if those girls really are those sizes they would have huge wide frames. My ex is a 5 10 and a size 4 and not as skinny as the girl that is supposedly a size six. It would be very rare for a size 12 to look like the girl in the picture. They found examples to exaggerate this situation. I really doubt those sizes are accurate though. Using More realistic people would give a better representation of people bodies relating to sizes

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. Guys only like skinny girls. That's why there's more than 7 billion people. All 7 billion of those women are skinny

• A few guys prefer thin girls, but the majority prefer girls who are not fat. Your size will be fine for most of them. The ones who like really thin girls are the same as the ones who really prefer blondes or brunettes or girls with heart shaped faces or girls with round booties or really any trait.

I have a kinda big nose and angular, germanic face and it's not the norm, but there are even guys who prefer that. My point being that you can't sweat the people who aren't into you, because nobody can appeal to everyone.