Would you date someone that had a sex change?

Before they meet you they used to be a man or a woman and then they got a sex change and are now the opposite sex

Most Helpful Girl

• Not sure. I think of myself as straight, but tend to think this is not because I'm opposed to dating a woman, just because I've just never met one that turned me on. I imagine I have to respond the same way about someone who was altered. I've only known two altered people, neither of them was really sexually attractive to me either physically or emotionally/psychologically.

So... very skeptical, but guess I would have to meet them to pass judgement as to what I felt?

Very funny how the girls on this site seem to be less opposed to the idea than the men.

• Yes, the "whole nine yards" from all my investigation in life for curiosity sake..xx

What Girls Said 9

• I am pretty unique, different, and roll with the times. I have been like this all of my life. If I fell in love, and I couldn't change his mind, it would be hard to break ties. However, I have never had a fling with anything But a real romeo,so no, I don't think I could continue our relationship knowing I was not kissing "my man."xx

• I'm interested in eventually having kids and a family. Also I'm attracted to extremely manly men. So in my case, it's highly unlikely that I'd date a former woman.

• I would.. to me it's not really about your sexual parts but more about who you are.

• I can't. I don't really understand what theyve been through or how they feel or felt, and though I'll treat them how I treat like any other people, I just can't date them.

• No

• I won't.

• Will they have a penis?

I'm not interested in having children so it doesn't even need sperm. Just a penis. 'Cause I'm not having sex with a dudegirl.

• I don't think I would. I feel for them and their struggles, though. I just don't imagine myself being attracted to their body. It would be lacking so many things I find attractive about a partner, even with a sex change.

• I don't think I would. I prefer a guy that was born a guy.

What Guys Said 10

• Heck no! You always are what you are born. Getting a surgery and swallowing hormone pills every night doesn't change what you truly are.

I look at it this way...just because a surgeon can stitch wings and feathers on a frog, it doesn't make it a bird. Same with sex-operations.

• Never...

I read an article once about a guy who had a sex change and married another guy... He told the guy, and his "Spouse" left him the next day. If you can't be happy with who you are, no amount of external changes is going to satisfy the longing in your heart.

• Never . . . . . . . . ever.

• I don't necessarily have anything against those type of people, but I just can't see myself dating one. The fact that they came into the world as one gender and now their another just doesn't seem appealing to me.

• no, I'd run very far and bury myself in hopes they don't try to chase me.

• Sorry to upset any former guys...

but no way in fucking hell.

Apart from that, I don't care. Your life is your life and you are entitled to all rights etc that any average person does. However, it would be immoral to not disclose your past orientation to any of your lovers. Since you are interjecting with other peoples lives at the point you start having relationships with them... and you have no right to destroy their happiness... especially for your own happiness.

• No I wouldn't

• I have read stories, where some poor schmo won't even know his girl is "not his girl," when they go to do the "dirty." From all my research, I found out, that during the "change," and I believe before the actual surgery, they have to take pills to change certain things about themselves. It's pretty fascinating, but then again, so is my favorite, mortuary science---the study of embalming the dead.:))xx

• Absolutely not.

• I think I'd rather castrate myself.

• No I wouldn't, and I don't believe any straight person would. Our technology simply isn't good enough to truly let someone change their gender. We are not even close to that point yet.