When he texts you "how are you?", what do you say?

Is this like a double meaning question, or does he really want to know how I'm doing? lol

Most Helpful Girl

• If it is someone that I am looking to date/be flirty with I would respond with, "Hey you :-) I'm doing pretty well. How about yourself? Then let the conversation flow from there, if he text you first then he should be able to take it from there. I think it is just a way for the guy to strike a conversation with you. Instead of asking what you are up type of thing.

What Guys Said 3

• This is a tricky one, but I'll try to explain it.

Here goes.

If when he texts you "how are you?", and you just happen to be feeling good, then you respond with "great!". If you're not feeling so good, then perhaps you should answer "It's ok.".

It's also polite to ask him how he's doing afterwards.

• its just a simple standard question? what's up with you?

a guy that wants to know how you doing wants to start an conversation.

A: how are you?

B: fine, and you?

A: how are you?

B: feeling bad

A: why you feeling bad?

now you talk all you have and he will follow your conversation or maybe later he will swap the topic. if I'm drunken I can chat well but If not I'm actually the boring texter

• For me, it's just a convo starter I will use with someone that I'm comfortable talking too. It's not the best, but it does start the conversation.

What Girls Said 2

• He really wants to know how you're.

There is no double meaning.

Guys don't function with double meanings. That's something only girls do.

• You're looking too far into it, he's really asking how you are.