I got a girl's phone number, but she won't return my call. Girls please reply.

Two days ago I was at the library on campus, and asked this girl out. She gave me her phone number and got mine. Then I called her the next day, she didn't pick up. I texted her today, and she didn't reply. I want to know if any girls here have done the same thing and why? Any insights would be appreciated.

I finally learned how to get girls to text me back, and the best answer, below, is true. It's all about the connection during the interaction and the attraction building phase, not the text itself.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah I've done this. when you texted her, did you tell her that you were the guy she met at the library on campus? if she knows who you are and she's still not responding then the attraction was probably one-sided.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I've done this. Basically I panic and don't want to hurt the guy when he asks for my number and then realize it was probably kinder just to say no in the first place.

• She just gave it to you to be polite. But she doesn't find you attractive. You must have been too direct with her on a first impression.

• I've given my number out and just ignored the call when I knew that I wasn't really interested but just wanted to get rid of him.

• You need to move to next best thing. There is a window of I'd say 2 days for a reply. Don't waste your time beyond that.

What Guys Said 2

• Two days is nothing...she could be busy with her schoolwork. Sometimes all your classes slam you with projects all at once! After a week I would consider this a rejection.

This is precisely why we as guys approach many girls instead of approaching one girl and sitting on our hands and not approaching any more girls during the same span.

Girls are so FEARFUL of confrontation about rejecting a guy that they would rather ignore him than to explicitly say he's not interested. That's why you're so confused; you don't know if she's passively rejecting you or busy.\

All you can do is text her again, after 7 days, consider this a rejection.

• i have heard girls do this.

there is a great episode where elaine always gives out the same fake number (for a horse off track betting site) to guys she doesn't like...all great until she gives a guy a fake number and then regrets it. Actualy now I think about it, it's the Festivus episode

• Ok, but her number wasn't fake, I called my phone from hers

• gotcha. I wasn't really assuming she gave you a fake number... I think that perhaps in the moment she was interested but then maybe realized she wasn't OR (and I've encountered this) she is kind of too apprehensive or doesn't no how to say she's not interested. so she'll just give you the number knowing she won't call or answer.