Is this a huge deal breaker?

So my mother died a few months ago and my fathers no longer seen as a responsible adult. Long story short I'm now basically my ten year old brothers guardian.

He's not around most of the time as he goes to a full time boarding school so he only spends holidays with me but even still he spends some of them with school.

Would you consider dating a girl like me?

I'm only just turning 19, but I'm not broke and needy or anything like that

Most Helpful Guy

• Wouldn't bother me at all, I'd prefer someone who is mature and responsible over some girls who can't even look after themselves.

• Wouldn't you see it as a bit of a burden?

• No problem. :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• Nah that's not a deal breaker at all. You might need to find a guy a couple years older though, who is mature enough to understand your situation and the time you gotta spend with your little bro when he's around. But that situation definitely wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

• Absolutely. Here's a video I think you could relate to: link

• ~

It's not a big deal.

I'm sure the majority of people here have looked after somebody whether it's for a day, month, year or longer.

You're not alone.

In all honesty, it shows you care.

That's something you should be proud of.

~

• The issue with your brother should have nothing to do with dating. You sound very adult like and are a responsible person. Your responsibility of your brother will only last 8 more years at best because he will be considered an adult at the age of 18. That time will fly. Again, it should not affect your ability to date..

• It shouldn't be a problem, everyone has their life story and life tragedy.

Any guy with enough compassion (and there's plenty of them!) to understand your situation will not have a problem dating you.

P.S. Believe it or not, most guys would rather date you than date a single mother who birthed a child by another man.

• That's actually the opposite for me: I find it incredibly attractive when a girl is such a good person.

He's your brother, he's 10, he's not your child. So no, it's not a deal breaker. It very attractive that you're so responsible :)

• yes and no I don't want a girl that's going to be my wife someday and seem like she already had a kid, but I understand your situation id still date you if you wanted me more than anything and you had a personality like my dream girl etc

• Lady if that is you in the picture, I would love to date you,m and I would not have a problem with you having baggage as it is known, Your hot, and I'm too old lol

• Guess so! Family backgrounds never matters if we have good chemistry

• I don't mind at all because i'm not looking to get married or settle down yet

• That's fine. Maybe even kind of cool cause it's like just another part of you. So basically if I was dating you and you weren't around and your brother was, I could take your little brother and hang out with him instead. :)

What Girls Said 2

• I think any guy would be lucky to have you. You sound like a responsible young lady with a good head on her shoulders and sounds like someone who has been through a lot. I don't knw many 19yrs olds who could handle that .

• If a guy considers it a deal breaker, then he clearly isn't worth your time.