Could you date someone that constantly questions your abilities?

Could you date someone that constantly questions your ability to do something ?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. If she doesn't believe in me, then I have no use for her in my life. I need a woman that will help build me up to become a better man, not some bitch that tries to destroy my self esteem by telling me I am not good enough.

I can understand questioning some of my abilities if I am taking on way too much, but if she is constantly questioning my abilities, then why would she even be with me in the first place, unless she is looking for a door mat to kick around.

What Guys Said 11

• I could because it's when people tell me I can't do something that I want to prove them wrong. I have a close friend who is like that. When we go running if I'm slowing down he will call me out on it and call me lazy and worthless which makes me angry enough to keep running or run harder. I think some people do well with people like that and others just see it as negative and rude.

• I find the questioning more annoying then the telling me I can't do something.

• If the person never has any confidence in your abilities I can see how that can be annoying.

• No. It would show me that she wouldn't have faith in me at all. I wouldn't feel very confident in her or our relationship. If I were to question my abilities, she should be encouraging me and trying to convince me that I could do it.

• More data required.

If they're telling you things are beyond your capability,it can be an insult.It's especially an insult when you know you can do it as well or better than the next person.I wouldn't tolerate that very long.If I can't do something better than a team of scientists can,I'm having a bad day.

If the're giving you CONSRUCTIVE criticism and suggesting a better way of doing things,then it's worth taking notice and there's no reason to be insulted.

• No... I want someone that supports my passion and desire, and not someone that questions my abilities.

• No. Everyone doubts each other enough. I'd never get into a relationship with someone who didn't believe in me. What would be the point?

• I say no, a pessimistic attitude is a huge turn off for me! :-P

• Of course not! Just as I don't want an eternal pessimist, I don't want a eternal nagger either!

• NO... I am what I am and its all your going to get

• Probably not,though I'd like to know why she constantly questions my abilities. I doubt there would be a good reason for it.

• If she's hot, Duhh. I am very "self aware" so. Just for banging her tho

.js

• Absolutely not. She'd be out of my life in a heart beat. Mrs. Sweet Brown said it best, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

What Girls Said 6

• Gosh, no. That would drive me crazy.

• no.

• No. I need someone to make my life better, not worse. I already have enough people in my life who question my every move, I will not willingly choose to bring in another person who does the same. Relationship material is based on what you have to offer one another. If he does constantly makes me doubt myself, then he is not good for me.

• Nope. Just leave, if you don't believe me then just go. I would not be able to stay with a person like that.

• I don't think so

• No.

I had to let go of a friendship because a friend constantly questioned my abilities and put me down to feel more superior towards me. It's complete bullshit.

I remember years ago. This guy I dated kept accusing me of things I never had done. I was just like WTF?!

I remember we were at a 21st one night and he started going off at me for no reason at all. I kept yelling back "What?! What have I done?! I have not done anything!" After he kept going at me I just had enough and dumped his ass. Best thing I ever did.