False picture representation when blind dating. Isn't it frustrating?

This has happened to me drastically last night. I had a blind date with a guy I met online. He had warned me right before we went out, after a bajillion texts, that he didn't look like the olympic model from his pics anymore, saying that he had gained 20 pounds since. I figured ''Hey, at 6'5'', he has room to put it". But in real life? It DID make a huge difference. He wasn't fat, but way chubbier than I expected.

This got me thinking. Now I understand what he meant when he warned me about his physique. He actually meant "Hey. I used to train competitively full- time for a year. That's what my body looked like back then". I find this pretty dishonest. Like, I would not use pictures of me from years ago back when I was doing lifeguarding full-time to depict my physique to strangers. Every guy I blind dated (there has been 3) has told me I look way better in real life than in my pictures. I feel like it's rarely the case with guys. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have the same problem with online dating, they usually look way different then their pics, not in a good way and I am almost always told I look way better in person then in pics.

Why people post fake pics to get dates online has never made sense to me, if you can't even be honest about what you look like how are you ready for a relationship?!

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe you shouldn't have tried to go out with "an Olympic model" in the first place...

• He didn't look like an olympic model. He called himself that. He just looked like a guy in shape, there was no 6 pack picture or anything trashy like that.

• That's why you don't blind date. I've gone out with 3 girls from online, two looked way less cute than their photos, one was fat. Never trust online dating.

What Girls Said 7

• I had that happen once. I drove the 45 mind between out towns to meet him and when I got to the restaurant I saw a guy that looked similar to my "date" but about 15 years older and 50th heavier. The guy never responded to my calls so I had a rather nice dinner by myself. Pissed me off though because I am pretty sure it was the guy watching me.

On the other hand I accepted a date with a guy that was so so looking in his profile pic. When we met my legs actually gave out with how insanely hot he was in real life. You just never know.

• Online dating... Is not very trustworthy or safe. I don't know why you are considering it but... Yea.

well, people do tend to try and accentuate their online image especially if they are trying to score( regardless of gender). Maybe you are more confident with yourself than they are and hence you go real while they go .. Fake.

• I am just not photogenic at all haha. Well I don't go out with just about anyone, I am selective.

• That sucks :p I am one of the most unphotogenic people and...it really sucks :p its gud your selective :) but whatever it is, just please be safe ok? There are too many sick people out there.

• I think trusting people online is just naive. Why didn't you video cam if you were going to meet a stranger from online? That's the smartest way to to before actually going through with it.

Well it's sad that he lied... and you should learn from it... and take the positive side from it... at least he wasn't a psycho killer like the craigslist chick.

• This is why most women avoid online dating.

• It is very frustrating, should be classed as false advertisement. I usually try to avoid online dating because of this but it is a lot easier to find guys to date using online dating than trying to do it in real life. Most gaybars either have people just looking for sex or people not my type. Why does it have to be so damn hard to find a good date nowadays?

• Why don't you Facebook friend them before agreeing to meet up. Then you get to the best and worst photos and how they are now.

• Yeah, it's frustrating. I'm sure there are women who do the same thing as well. Just comes with the territory of online dating, I guess. Never know exactly what you'll encounter. That's why I think it's best not to drag it out online (some people chat for weeks before going on an actual date). Seems better to meet the person in the flesh as soon as you can and see how it goes. Wastes less time.

• I think you shouldn't look for dates online.