Why do people think they have to date someone to be happy? I don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• could be a lot of things. low self worth/ esteem, vanity (need validation amazing), insecure feels better about themselves with someone. lonely. bored in life. are not living a fulfilled life etc etc. a person is meant to ADD to your life, not be your life. they are meant to make you and your life better and happIER. not to make you happy. you should be happy before you date. so yea its probably one of the above reasons. to insecure to be without someone for whatever reason. need someone to make them feel better about something. the something can vary.

What Girls Said 6

• Some people aren't able to find satisfaction in other ways. When you aren't satisfied and don't feel that satisfaction is possible - you will pursue pleasure instead of satisfaction and that is when you start to act and behave as if dating is the only thing that can make you happen.

• I think that has been the "key to happiness" since forever. I have wondered this too. I am newly single and even having nobody on Valentines day yesterday, I was cool as a cucumber. I just live my life how I want to. No matter what you do you will get judged. Even people in relationships have to deal with jealous haters.

• My friends all fall into this trap and admit it's a fear of being alone, they would rather date mr wrong than be free for the right person to come along.

• Also there are like 5 men to choose from where you are xd

• I guess it is the human condition. we are social animals says all the articles I've read and even the bible says god made adam so eve wouldn't be alone.

• Because they need attention from someone and dnt want to be alone .

• I wonder about that myself.

What Guys Said 2

• It doesn't make someone happy. First off, you should be happy with your own life before looking for a partner. A happy relationship is shared, not taken from the other person. If a person's a negative individual, all that does is bring the other person down.

With that said, I believe people really need to learn how to be happy by themselves before even seeking out another partner. We have too many couples who are just negative people with shitty personalities who complain all day.

• Having a life partner makes life easier and more fulfilling...but I agree with you. One has to be happy solo before being involved with someone else!