Girls, why do your read a message and then respond back like a week later?

This happens a lot on Facebook. I can see that they read the message but they always respond like 4 or 5 days later. Why? I suppose you have to think about what you're going to say, but why wait so long?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a friends Ex who started messaging me on Facebook. I didn't want to be rude, so It took me a while to figure out how to reply to him. Then I just stopped talking to him all together. We weren't friends, and I never cared for him. IT didn't make sense to me, why he was trying to talk to me, since he never mentioned anything about my friend. And they had dated over 4 years ago. It was just really bizarre.

In other words, I do it when I don't want to talk to the person at all.

Rare occasion is when I read it, and forget to reply.

What Girls Said 6

• Sounds like that's only for you. I know if I wait that long I'm not thinking about what to say. I've deemed it unimportant or not imperative to respond quicker. This all depends on how much I like the person. The more I like you and more talkative I feel like the quicker someone gets a response from me.

• She may not have had time to reply when she read it and forgot to reply.

• guys do it two not only girls, I know some guys that sometimes don't respond at all, I think so they appear like they don't care or busy or something and not needy.

• They don't care or you're just not important enough.

• well fuck em then. I can play that game too.

• Maybe she or girls in general needed time to think about what they wanted to say or maybe they simply were too busy to respond. The same thing has happened to me, but with guys they will read the message but take what seems like weeks to respond.

• There could be many reasons...

1. You read it, get tied up, and forget to reply

2. You don't find it important to answer

3. You really like the guy and you need A LOT of time to think

4. You really like the guy and you think to yourself "I'll answer in 15 minutes" because you're afraid to have a conversation or you need more time to think... then that 15 minutes turns into another and another... and you get me

What Guys Said 0