Would you date a bipolar girl?

If you don't know exactly how the moodswings are from manic: overly happy, insensitive, hypersexual, racing thoughts(almost no sleep), aggressive, crazy. I honestly jumped off a roof and broke my feet when I wasn't medicated. A lot of the time bipolar people substance abuse too, but they can be really kind in depth people as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I did...for a long time. See my previous postings. Went through the full rollercoaster. This person started out as someone I casually was friends with, went to a sexual only relationship, back to friends, back to friends with benefits, back to friends, then back to this quasi relationship, but not quite. And all this was PRIOR to her diagnosis. Things went from confusing to scary as she broke down mentally. Ending up homeless, with me sending her money to random places through the country as she hitchhiked, got arrested. We're now on long term hospitalization #3 with no end in sight. I would be this persons friend...but as for a romantic relationship, tread lightly. Make 10001% she is actively doing her share to manage her condition. She doesn't have the plague, you're not going to catch any of it from her. But it can be a rollercoaster like you have no idea, and it gets downright scary.

• Well I'm the bipolar one :/, I feel like I'm only the horny chick guys call cause I don't meet the standard mentally

• It's a tough thing for the people around you, as you may already know. But nothing like it is for you, yourself to go through. The illness manifests itself in different ways, with different people. It's a good thing that you recognize your own situation, and accept it for what it is. The problem with my own friend is 4 hospitalizations later, she still doesn't think she is sick. If you're concerned about the type of people you're attracting, its worth talking to someone about it.

What Guys Said 4

• I would but very carefully, Bipolar is not a disease, it is a mental combat. but hey it can be managed.

• It doesn't sound appealing, but I bet I would depending on the girl.

• I admit it's a turn off, but not a complete deal breaker, though I would tread carefully.

• No, I wouldn't, sorry.

My mother and father were both mentally ill, and I don't want to be in close proximity to mentally ill people ever again if I can help it.

What Girls Said 0