The guy I'm seeing is making dinner for us, should I offer to help or to buy any ingredients or let it be?

the guy I have been seeing for a few months is making chili wed night for us, should I offer any kind of help with paying for any of the ingredients or cook it or just let it be

First time him cooking me, I have cooked for him but he had always done a favor for me prior.

Most Helpful Girl

• Favors should be unconditional, let him cook the chili. It makes me uncomfortable doing a favor for people when they feel the need to help out with half the favor I wanted to do for them anyway. Please don't do anything out of obligation, it is really annoying. You could surprise him with a home made dessert though :) or make some corn bread to go with the chili? Have fun!

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing wrong with offering to help. It's assumed that he'll handle everything though so it's not a big deal. If he doesn't want you're help he'll just tell you. Don't worry about it.

• If it were me, I'd like for you to offer to pay for some of it to show you are aren't just looking for a free ride, but there's no way I would let you. :D

Cgrade

What Girls Said 1

• Just bring beer! Don't ask just BYOB and enjoy the meal :)