He texts me all the time, but won't talk to me at school?

We're both in grade 12, and we've been texting for about a month. I've had a crush on him for almost a year, and it turns out that he's had a crush on me as well. We mesh really well over text, but we never talk in person! I've mentioned this to him (over text) and he always says that "he knows" and "he needs to try harder", but it's getting silly. We're both quite shy, I suppose. I'm essentially looking for reasons why he won't talk to me, and suggestions for what to do! I've walked up to him and started conversations a few times, but he never initiates any conversations with me...

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like one of you needs to take the leap of faith. Open the door and see what's on the other side if you get what I'm saying.

• And it sounds like that person is going to have to be me... Yikes!

• Go get em tiger haha!

What Guys Said 1

• both of you are shy, then nothing will happen if neither of you will take action, except if a friend or an miracle event might happen. Then that's the ice breaker!. Let the dude make his move.

• If I let him make his move, I might be waiting forever...

What Girls Said 1

• He is just super shy and gets nervous when he sees you. Why don't you try to talk to him in person next time?

• I think I'll have to... I'm really shy too, though. That's the main problem.