Should I message her back? (dating website)

So there is this girl who messaged me on a dating website who happens to go to the same school as me. She seems really nice and I could use some friends.

The only problem is, she is looking for a boyfriend and I'm not interested in relationships atm nor am I attracted to her. I don't want to lead her on and hurt her feelings.

So I want your opinions should I message her back or would that be rude of me.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a tough situation. I would not message her back and then talk to her in person. Maybe let her know that you don't really use that website much which is why you didn't reply. Try to take it easy on her but also do not go out with her just because she goes to your school if you aren't genuinely interested. That would just lead her on. I've studied a lot about this subject and have actually written a book about it on Amazon called "The Art of the Alpha Male", about how dating and relationships. It may be of value to you. Hope this helps :)

What Girls Said 1

• From a woman's perspective, I can GUARANTEE that if you write to her now, she will think you want her/interested/want to further things. You have two options. You can ignore to save the hassle or write something of this kind: Hey, think I've seen you in school. Wasn't expecting to meet a schoolmate on a dating site but nice to meet you. Have you had much chance to hook up with some guys? Hope you do find the one for you! I'm having great fun!

Casual and not all in there saying, not interested in you...it's a suggestion.

What Guys Said 3

• Message her, but let her know that you're not looking for a relationship right now. Just make sure that you tell her right away so that you don't lead her on at all.

• Why don't you just respond and meet up with her? It's not like you're destined to get married just because she contacted to you on a dating Website. For one, you've got something in common to talk about, and, for another, most chics have girl friends that you will meet through her. Before you know it, you might have a lot of really cool girl friends to hang out with; and you don't have to marry any of them. On the other hand, you never know, you might find out she is just what you didn't know you were looking for all along.

• Yeah, be straight up about it; "hey, you seem really nice, but I'm not looking for a relationship, so if you're interested in being friends then maybe we talk?"

• Not sure about that because she will wonder why he's on the website in the first place...almost better to cancel your subscription and not have her contact again...