Should I date my roommate?

I moved into a place about 3 weeks ago. Since then, and especially in the last week or so, I've hung out with my female roommate pretty much non-stop, and it's always awesome. Basically, I think I like her and am about 85% sure she likes me. But, living together already is a really obvious complication. What should we do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Bangin a roommate sounds like more trouble than it worth.

What is she wants to have sex with other people?

What if you break up?

Then you have to deal with living together and dealing with the new boyfriends/girlfriends and sexual escapades.

Which can lead to someone moving out, or constant arguments.

You've literally only been living together for 3 weeks. I'm sure its just the euphoria of meeting a new person. You don't know anything about her.

I'd say wait a while, perhaps 2-3 months.

What Girls Said 14

• Well maybe the reason why you've been hanging with her so much is because you live together lol. But, in general, it's never a good idea to date a roommate because what happens if you guys break up? Just be careful because it could get messy if something bad happens between you two.

• Do you have a lease and how long is the lease for? If it's a short lease than it might be OK to take a chance

• Just prepare yourself for the chance she doesn't feel the same way or it doesn't work out and maybe you have to move :/

• It's your choice but it might complicate things

• NO!

• Bad idea.

• What if it doesnt work out? Are you ready to see ur ex every day( if you break up)?

• Don't date.

• U should first make sure she likes u because there are a lot of girls out there who easily feel comfortable with guys. She might really like u, or think of u as one of his bros. but then if u guys started dating and it didn't work out, wouldn't it be awkward to love under the same roof?

• Noooo. Bad idea. Never date the roommate

• Wait. I don't think you should go out with her unless its serious. If you just think she's funny/cute than leave it alone, it's not worth the awkwardness you will suffer through if you break up. BUT if you think you will regret not making move than go for it

• I say clarify wether or not she likes you. Maybe ask one of her close friends to ask if she likes you. If she does then sit her down and tell her how you feel and what you're worried about if you go into a relationship living together.

• No way, bad move.

• I would say, date her if she likes you. There's no problem with that. As long as you put limitations since you are roommates. Go ahead :)

What Guys Said 2

• if she is down, yeah hit that, most likely bad shit can happen, but it's all good, at least you got it out of your system

• I mean look, you two live together, you may as well date. You even said in your question. May as well seal the deal.