Do people go on dates?

i never see this happening? people I've seen on dates are already boyfriend and girlfriend that probably met hanging out with other friends

but is it true people still date?

• Yes I get ask by guys to go on dates without me having a relationship with him and I say yes, and then we go one on one to see what happens
  • No all my boyfriends and hook ups have been with guys I met through hanging out with friends, I only go on dates with guys I'm already dating/ aka I at least kissed him already

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it happens as much in the college age bracket or younger (ages 26 and younger) because they usually meet and get to know each other first.

I have only been on one true date with someone I didn't know (I met him at work.. he was super hot and he asked me out), but I do prefer to get to know someone first if possible. I just feel safer that way I don't know I can't explain it. All of my other boyfriends and hook ups have been people I already knew.

I think it's actually pretty much required in people over the age of 26 or people who didn't go to college because you aren't meeting new people every semester. You're in the same job and have a pretty steady day in and day out and there isn't much opportunity to meet new people so when you do get that chance you take it.

I worked full time one semester while going to school online and I experienced that lifestyle (that's when I agreed to go out with the guy I didn't know) and I mean.. there's really no other way to date when you have a real life going on.

• did you have sex with the guy at work?

• No, I stay away from coworker relationships especially if I plan on working there for a while. You never want to date someone you can't avoid.

• thats the beauty f it and what make good stories

What Girls Said 8

• I have gone on dates prior to being in a relationship, but I"ve also done it the other way too where we'd met through friends first and already established a "thing." Probably about half and half. I think as you get older, people tend to go on real dates more.

• which guys were the best ones in terms of good values, and which ones were the ones that you actually liked the most?

• i've been on some dates but usually they just feel really forced. I would much prefer hanging out and letting things fall into place, but then again that could be because I've only ever actually had strong feelings for one of the guys I went on a date with.

• yep. people still definitely date. usually in high school, well at least at mine, people didn't go on dates because they already knew them from going to school with them for years.

but as you get older and go to university or whatever.. you don't know a person enough to just jump straight into the relationship...so you have to go on dates to get to know each other.

i went on a date last week with a guy. but we didn't hit it off..which is the purpose of dates. to see if you click.

• I don't like dating, its artificial and forced, and people just put on all sorts of airs till you get to know the real person, , which takes a lot longer than a few dates.

darting is basically awkward uncomfortable often bring and a lot of false advertisng, imo.

id rather be friends first.

• yea I've been on a couple. kinda as a way to try out a person without committing right away.

• Yes with my past 2 relationships I have gone on a date. We went out to eat and went to a park and/or just went hiking out on the trails

• Yep, I'm going on one on Tuesday.

• If I am lucky.

What Guys Said 1

• No. I've never been on a date in my life. Its a strange and alien thing to me that exists only in American movies.