Which of these hurts your impression of someone of the opposite sex?

When looking at someone as a potential partner, which of these in your opinion affects your opinion the most in terms of if you'd date them?

• No confidence or low self esteem
  • Homely or ugly face
  • Inexperienced or socially awkward
  • Shorter than average height
  • Too much overweight

Most Helpful Girl

• No confidence or low self esteem I suppose, since it's difficult to get out of that kind of mindset. I don't want to be with a guy who constantly puts himself down, or refuses to do certain things because he doesn't believe in himself. Such a huge turn off to me. Almost everything else you listed is easily fixed.

Homely or ugly face - depends on what kind of "ugly". Monobrow or otherwise eyebrows that are too thick? Just pluck them. Weird teeth? Get them straightened at the dentist, or at least whitened. A good haircut and some skincare products go a long way, too.

Inexperienced or socially awkward - you can easily gain experience just by doing stuff. And almost everyone is socially awkward to some degree. So it wouldn't be a huge deal breaker to me, as long as the guy is willing to try new things and step out of his comfort zone once in a while.

Shorter than average height - this one obviously you can't fix. But as long as he isn't significantly shorter than me, I don't care much about height.

Overweight - can be fixed with regular workouts and a healthy diet.

• Also, mind that the guys who have no confidence or very low self esteem tend to be the ones who constantly seek your attention and validation, which can also be very irritating in the long run. Some of them even tend to be paranoid and accuse their partner for cheating. Not cool.

• An ugly face can be fixed? Tell me, how do you fix recessed jaws, a weak chin, a big nose, severe asymmetry and baldness?

• As I said, it depends on what kind of "ugly" we're talking about. I listed some of the most common "ugly" traits, and yes, I do feel like those are easily fixed.

As for the recessed jaw, I think you can get that corrected by a doctor (but I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that). Big noses don't bother me personally. Neither does baldness.

What Girls Said 21

• I'm going to have to go with B... I know it sounds shallow and Ill usually will give any guy a chance despite looks and see if we have any chemistry but when you said potential partner I had to be completely honest.

To me potential partner is my potential "life partner". With that being said I have to be not only mentally attracted to him but physically as well or it just won't work. I don't want to be brutally honest, but that's the truth and the way I feel. I wouldn't want to set up a long lasting relationship up that I know would fail.

As for the other options A wouldn't bother me because I have my moments like that and I can relate.

C I don't have problem with a guy that doesn't fit in with the crowd or is a loner. I like guys with different personalities.

D ehhh... that's not that bad. Well it depends on how short. I mean I'm not a giant, but I'm not short either.

E it depends I would really have tp have feelings for him, and be attracted to him (as I.mentioned in my overall answer). Also he would have to be willing to live a better life. Not for the reason that I'm sure most of you are thinking but because I really care about him and I would want him to live a long life.

• I voted A. However, in the past and in the current moment, I've fallen in love with men that didn't have high levels of confidence. What was special about these highly flawed individuals who had gone through hell and back with regards to romance or career was that they never allowed me to disrespect them at any moment. They also didn't give up and have boundless strength and ingenuity to survive curveballs.

However, on a just getting laid basis, the guy definitely needs to show confidence. For love I think it's sheer strength and tenaciousness blended with his fragile humanity.

• I don't care about any of those.

A deal breaker would be if he were mean or cruel or unkind or a complete idiot, and unwilling to try to educate himself. Other than that not much could dissuade me.

• Id say all of the above because a guy with low self esteem and no confidence just makes it harder to deal with for me, I know of guys that whine a LOT and I think its so annoying. As far as ugly face, if he looks like the person that doesn't takes care of his skin or just in general doesn't try to make his face look as best he can like he's just lazy and doesn't take care of it that can be a problem. Socially awkward isn't so bad, everyone can be socially awkward at times, but if he's does it on purpose just to annoy then that's a huge turn off in my opinion. As far as height, Id like the guy ti be taller than me. If he's so overweight that it creates a health problem (he can't see his feet or is morbidly obese) and doesn't do anything to fix the problem then that ain't good either.

• No confidence or low self esteem. I can't stand people that constantly complain about how ugly or unlovable they are.

• Out of all of those probably lack of confidence & low self-esteem. I really prefer a guy that's confident & thinks highly of himself. Someone that I can easily talk to & not so mysterious! I hate mysterious, shy guys. I mean it's OK to be shy sometimes, but if a guy let's his shyness get in the way of talking to me & being himself around me I immediately lose interest. Doesn't matter how good-looking he is. If he ain't my type I don't want him. Sorry for being too critical, but I know what I want & I go after for what I want. I don't settle.

• A is the one that jumped out at me the most.

• I was between D & E, but voted E on the basis of him still being my height or taller than me, MAYBE acceptable at up to an inch shorter than me.

It's also a bit ironic that I chose E because I prefer SLIGHTLY heavy men. However, slightly doesn't extend to 40-50% + his body weight in fat.

• Any guy that is shorter than myself is a no no. I'm already short as it is. When I wear my favorite pait of heels, I want to be tall, BUT not taller than my potential partner.

• E. I can handle a little belly, but when a guy is too overweight, I could never find him attractive. Looks are the first thing I see, so it's the first thing I can base potential on. So when a guy is not attractive to me in the least, I just can't date him.

• I struggled between A and C but went with A

• The first thing I'm going to look at is their looks. I can't get much farther if I don't think their cute. May be shallow but everyone is like this, no matter what they say.

• If he is obese, I would have a hard time feeling physical attraction. I don't mind some extra weight at all, but a guy with a rather large belly doesn't attract me. I want to have great, exciting, energetic, raunchy sex as long as I can. Flexibility and endurance..

• No confidence/low self esteem.

• All of the above but looks are first so being too overweight is top of the list.i work hard to stay fit so I'm not into guys that are too big.

• I voted A but I think A C and D ...

• All of the above.

• All of them

• Those poll results were strikingly predictable. Made me laugh.

• B. To be honest, if I think someone's flat out ugly, it's very unlikely I'll see him as a potential romantic partner.

• I voted no confidence. Someone who is always hard on themselves, possibly whines a lot, has a very negative outlook on themselves or others or life in general... it gets very old, very quickly. Having a low self-esteem or being a negative person is an instant turn-off. And I mean if that's like their permanent demeanor, I'm not talking about if a person is having a bad day or two where they're frustrated and their self-esteem goes down, it happens to all of us.

What Guys Said 7

• Unappealing face, too much weight, and too low of intelligence rank the highest for me, personally. Low self-esteem is something I can help improve, confidence isn't an issue when you show her she's good at things, weight can be lost, but not WANTING to lose that weight or being happy being fat is totally unappealing so I tend to avoid overweight girls. As for homely/ugly faces, if I am not attracted to a face I don't approach to begin with. Socially awkward is also totally fine, again, that's something that can change and as long as we communicate well-enough, it's not really an issue for me... even if that means she does/says embarrassing things. Shorter than average is welcome, unless she's like 3 feet tall, I'd be like double her height.

Generally, second to appearance the most unappealing trait a girl could have is an unwillingness/lack of any desire to improve, get better, or otherwise do something for me AND for her. She feels fat, let's go exercise together, if you get tired or your feet start to hurt I'll carry you. You have a poor self-image, if I'm with you I think you're beautiful and I'll remind you of that multiple times a day. You don't feel as smart as me, I'll find something you're much better at than me and have you explain it to me to show you that there are things you know way more about than I do. You feel too short, I'll carry you and get everything for you that's out of your reach, I'm your extend-o arms. So you're socially awkward, what does that matter if we communicate well, and even if we don't there is always room for improvement.

But if she doesn't want to even take that first step with me, I would metaphorically drag her, but if even after a few times of that she doesn't want to... I won't force her, I'll give up on her, just as she's given up on improving the things she's prone to feeling bad about/complains about, because by then she'll have made it obvious she'd already given up on US.

This is my perspective, I wish you the best, sir ^-^

• Overweight. I'm at the gym 5-7 days a week and I can't deal with a couch potato. The number one reason I don't do much online dating anymore is because the girls kept deceiving me with old photos and when I'd show up suddenly they had all this extra weight.

• QA, DUDE! I wasn't even going to comment on GAG today because I'm getting bored of debating & I wanted to go do something else BUT just when I was about to close my laptop I saw your PROFILE PIC & DUDE WTH!?

You have the most PERFECT fucking head EVER! Seriously you're wasting your potential. Lose that weight, shave your head bald, wax your head, get an awesome tattoo on your head going down into your face, GET RIPPED & GET A NATURAL FULL BODY TAN VIA NUDE BEACH! Do all this & you'll look like a mix between Johhny Sins, Damien Walters, & Jason Statham. Seriously dude you need to become a BALD GOD! Come on JOIN UUUS!

• I'd say A, since I like women who are stubborn and confident in themselves. Push-overs aren't that fun to have as partners, in my opinion.

• Spoken like a true Fin. I like men who appreciate character :).

• Thanks. To be honest, I'm quite stubborn man myself so I want a woman who doesn't always just submit to me. Someone who can keep their opinions and while we might have arguments about things, I think it's better than one partner dominating the other.

• Too much overweight is an issue with me because they wouldn't fit my personality. I like to get around and move a lot. Fitness and health is important to me and I'd like someone that finds that important as well and takes care of themselves.

• I don't mind a little bit of weight but if she is over weigh no, I have a little bit of weight too so naturally I don't want a girl that outweighs me I don't find over weigh attractive.

• Tough between A and B, but voted B because if she's not attractive to me, I wouldn't approach her in the first place. And therefore, I wouldn't ever know she was insecure or had low self-esteem.