When a girl texts you to hangout...

I texted a guy to hangout this weekend and he texted back saying he was out of town and when he is back home he has to work on a presentation. He said nothing about "that would be fun" or "let's take a raincheck."

Does that mean he isn't interested? Or am I thinking way too into this lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's just informing you of his schedule and that he's busy for a little bit. Don't text him again for as long as you can go (if you have to, then do so). This will give him space and wonder why you're not chasing him again. The ball is in his court right now

What Guys Said 11

• Hanging out can be a dirty word to a guy with goals and purpose. It may mean to do notihing but hang out.

Pay attention, he is out of town - doing something. Next he has a presentation - doing something important. And you want to do what? The two of you may not be on the same page.

I have a lot of people who want to do the hang out or drop in to hang out, they waste my time. I have things to do.

Change your approach.

• He's not super interested right now. Maybe he's occupied and he's not in the mood to elaborate or be polite. Try asking him again in a week or two, see if he responses any differently.

If it's someone who's company I enjoy, I'll definitely ask if the hangout can be postponed.

• honestly try and get the raincheck. if that fails, then it's over, but give him the benefit of the doubt.

But when a girl texts me to hangout, I think that she probably wants something like a free dinner, or is trying to con me in some way, because it's impossibly rare that a girl would actually have no hidden motives in that circumstance.

Based on my huge lack of success with women, I would doubt any offer too hangout given to me.

• That's not a good indication. Depending on how bad you want to hang out with this guy, you could try again. As of now, however, he isn't interested or he's just too indifferent to put any effort in -- which I consider to be one and the same. Doesn't mean he won't change his mind over time, though. I knew a girl who repeatedly denied my offers to hang, but after a while she finally said yes and we had a good time. So you could keep trying and hope for the best if you want.

• You're most likely over thinking it. He probably wrote what came to mind, which seems to have been the reason why he couldn't.

• Ok thanks :). I invited him to something he has been really wanting to go to that he mentioned on our date, so I thought I would have had more of an enthusiastic reply from him. But maybe I am over thinking it!

• Most likely. I don't give my texts much thought beyond the information I want to communicate and then there's just my personal style applied on top. I believe that goes for most people.

• My dear friend,he is preoccupied and as such he may not have an inclination to hang out with anybody! So you may have to look out elsewhere for hanging out!

• I don't know but I'll take a rain check and it doesn't rain much where I am.

• He isnt

• While I would say yes to this being a sign he either isn't super interested or was wrapped up in other things at the moment, young people (I've noticed) are notoriously bad at most conversational skills you would think would be standard.

So with that, I say it's definitely worth a shot to try again because it's very likely that the thought of saying "Can't right now, but what about later?" didn't even cross his pea brain :D

• might be playing hard to get, trying to come across as a challenge since a lot of girls love it when a guy shows the girl that he has a "Life", has many things to do, girls just seem to love that in a guy

• Sounds like he is pretty busy.

What Girls Said 3

• Either he's terrible at making conversation and understanding basic manners, or he isn't too into you.

• He seems very busy.

I would have replied, "Let me know when you are free. So we can hang "

• True but I see him every week at our university, so I am thinking he will just talk to me in person when I see him.

• Yeah, that's true.

I don't think he thought to make plans at that moment, but if he is interested in definitely will.

he was probably letting you know it may be a little while b4 you get together like that.

• Depends on person