He Hasn't Called

I've been seeing this guy for two months. In the beginning, it was he who initiated our first date and so forth. He would always text me, saying how beautiful I was and so forth. Mind you, I didn't start liking this guy after 3 weeks of seeing each other - he was always the on in constant worry that I was going to dump him. But I didn't, I grew to like him - and I spent the night at his place one weekend where he asked to if I wanted to be his girlfriend. I said yes, I mean he was so happy the next morning to call me "his girl". Than a week went by, we were suppose to meet up on a Thursday but he called it off because he was busy - so I went out with some of my girlfriends that night, where he continued to text me to come over and spend the night - but I couldn't because of the distant. So the next night, he wanted to see me and told me that he felt I didn't want to be close with him - so I went and met up with him. I was drunk, we had sex, and I didn't hear from him until that Monday after I sent him an angry text. He didn't respond until the Saturday of that week - apologizing for the delay in response & for leaving me confused and asked if I wanted to talk. So I let him wait for a day and texted him back, to meet me at a certain place so we can talk - but he couldn't and asked if he can call later that day. Well, of course I said yes. Obviously I couldn't wait so I texted him how I really felt about him, about me doing my part to continue on or rather "fight" for this relationship - and I haven't heard from him since, 4 days later.

I have come into terms that he most likely won't call or text me. Which is fine, it happens, its life, and you move on. What I don't understand is why hasn't he given me any sort of closure? I won't mind the rejection, I was hoping we can still be friends - but it doesn't look like that will happen.

So men, what do you think? Do men actually "break up" with a girl by not saying it officially?

Interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what his deal is. And I can tell you that I have no idea if men actually break up with people by just dropping out of contact. But I can tell you from experience that plenty of girls seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to break up with a guy without saying anything. Some just think that if they ignore us that we'll get the hint. I had one Girlfriend who even broke up with my by just disappearing. So yeah... I can't say that men break up with women like this. They might but I don't know. All I can tell you is that there are a f***ton of girls that do it.

Anyway I'll tell you this too. It's a good thing you've come to terms with it. If he calls again it might be a good idea to just tell him where to go and how to get there. At this point based on your story he sounds like he's full of sh*t. So good for you for moving on. It's best to forget him.

• Thanks for the insight. well, I'll make sure I will never do that to a guy because its pretty damn sh*tty. the whole "avoidance" move to break up with your partner is a cowardly act. your partner will obviously be hurt, but at least she/he has some clarity. this guy will always be an asshole to me for this stunt he pulled.

• Yes the answer was extremely helpful - although it was a bit more difficult than I expected. he actually texted me a few weeks ago, checking in on me, that practically set me off. so I did what you advised and pretty much told him to "f*** off" - not cursing, but he got the gist of it lol. thanks!

• No problem. I'm proud of you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I used to know a guy who broke up with people like that. The guy was an a$$hole, and instead of just telling a girl he didn't want to see her, he'd just drop off the face of the planet. He wouldn't respond to any calls, texts, emails, etc.

It's a cowardly, childish way to break up. Move on, and be glad you're done with him.

• Yeah what is up with that? This happened to me for the first time too. I'm dumbfounded.