Can a woman date an introverted man?

I am 24 years old. I am an introvert (I am not shy, there is a difference). I will be honest. I don't see myself in a serious relationship with a woman (I am completely heterosexual btw). I need my space and a lot of it. Women seem too extroverted for me and they would end up getting on my nerves so I don't pursue them. They also seem to get mad when a man wants to be alone instead of being around them 24/7 so I know it won't work out with any woman. Besides me, do you think a woman could be with an introverted man?

Most Helpful Girl

• A woman could be with an introverted man but these days women are less likely to do so.

• Those types of men are most likely the ones who will never cheat. But to each their own.

• I know. Thanks for MH, hope it all works out for you :)

What Girls Said 11

• Of course yes. A lot of us prefer a guy who needs time for himself and doesn't want to be with us all the time.

• As a fellow introvert dating an extravert, it's difficult. I am lucky enough to be with a person who understands my deep need for alone time and doesn't let it get to him too often. That being said...I'll probably receive some female heckling for this; women are more emotional in general and need attention and togetherness to feel secure in their relationships whether it be a romantic relationship or a friendship, and in my experience tend to become upset or uninterested if they aren't given that time.

I believe that if an introverted person can find an understanding enough partner and let them know from the beginning that while they are very important to you, but you need to be able to maintain time for being alone to be happy and psychologically healthy then it can work. Any relationship takes work and compromise.I think that if the person is willing to communicate their needs and still appreciate the needs of their partner there shouldn't be too many issues finding a mostly happily ever after. lol

• I have dated both causally and seriously introverted men. It would depend on degree of it and his emotional state. Many introverted guys tend to be withdrawn, cold and detached. That would be a big problem.

• What do you mean by detached? I'm introverted, but I'm not anti-people...unless they annoy me.

• Emotionally detached as in unable to form a bond or attachement

• Sure she can people change.

• I think there are probably a lot more introverted people out there than you think, I know I am really rather introverted and I think it can probably be slightly off putting to potential dates but you said yourself you're not shy so I think it's just a matter of trying to be positive about the idea of letting someone in. A lot of people from the off come across extroverted, especially women, I think due in part to insecurity, so please don't take this as a big problem. Once you get to know a woman you will see past that exterior that so many of us (and men!) have. I can't say as to other women but I wouldn't get mad at a guy for wanting his own space, but being an introvert myself I realize the need for your own space. All in all it's a matter of finding someone the same personality type who is more likely to recognize you're need for your own space and be OK with that. I bet you there are a damn site more women like that than you give us credit for lol :-) Don't be discouraged, being an introvert should hold nothing against your future dating prospects so long as you balance it out with having great times together.

• No, you seem like a downer, you'd kill my vibe so I wouldn't be interested.

lol talking about "women get on my nerves". why would a woman want someone with such an unpleasant attitude?

• i like introverts and shy boys. some women are drawn to them

• There are plenty of introverted females that might be suitable for both of you.

• I would prefer an introverted woman. Extroverted women annoy me.

• Being an ex introvert it's hard to find people to be with. Just make sure you say right off the bat that you don't want something serious and being 24 it will be difficult. 24year old women are seeing all their friends getting married and having kids so yes a lot will be extroverts. But there are some that would not necessarily call it dating.

• Well you can't date cheerleaders that is for sure.

There are introverted females BUT the idea of a relationship is that you actually have to interact with the person.

• I would never date a cheerleader or even talk to one.

• I'm like you too.. and it makes me think that maybe I'm not relationship material. I don't think there is anything wrong with being single though.. I'm happy enough :)

• I know I am not relationship material. I am content being on my own.

What Guys Said 2

• I believe it can happen

• 1) Because a person is a woman, doesn't automatically qualify them as an extrovert. Just like you, there are actually *gasp* introverted women too. You might not see them because *gasp* they don't prefer going out a whole lot, same as you. So you might never see them.

2) Yes, an extroverted woman can date an introverted man. I'm the example of this, with my girlfriend being much more extroverted than I am. Don't think of it as a purely black and white situation. Int/Ext is a spectrum, so people are not simply one or the other. So when you meet a woman who SEEMS like something, get to know her before you set your chances on fire. Not every woman will be able to mesh well with an introvert, and not every woman is put off by strongly introverted people either. There's this old quote about these kinds of things...it says something about a book and it's cover...

3) Introverted people aren't anti-people. Because you prefer less socializing, doesn't mean that you don't prefer to have no people at all. So the "being around them 24/7" comment seems to show that perhaps on top of you being more isolated, you might also have an aversion towards people. It's even noted in psychology articles and such that introverts prefer their small group of trusted friends, with the implication that socializing with them is comfortable and actually relaxing (despite an introvert's method of recharging their batteries in isolation).

4) And lastly, semi-related to my last point: it seems, just by your tone, that you have a bit of frustration with this topic. Maybe not full on bitterness or a "down with women" vibe, but frustration nonetheless. Would you say there is enough frustration to be affecting your view on this topic?

• No I'm not frustrated in the least.

• You are trying to call me out.

• Would you rather me ignore the issues I see and not comment on them, instead?

Did you post here for help, or to vent without hoping to get feedback?