My best friend wants to kiss me? I think she's afraid?

We've been friends for about 5 years. We've become very close and had our differences over the years. Yet, last year, we began joking about dating and that we'd go on "dream dates". I came out as bi-sexual that year. As time went on, the flirting continued, but one night it got more serious. The sexual tension was high and after that night, we admitted we liked each other as more than friends and wanted to kiss. She was "straight" at the time. Things got weird, because my feelings were hurt (which I didn't expect). However, a few nights ago, we started talking about sexuality and one thing led to another, but she admitted thinking about wanting to kiss me. We both expressed our fantasies over text. She suggested meeting and seeing how it went. However, she hasn't texted me today... I can't help, but wonder if she's scared again. We were very honest about our long standing feelings for each other (she currently has a casual bf). Does she want to kiss or no? I'm not sure what to do, but I want her so badly.

Most Helpful Girl

• She is probably really scared of what she is feeling. She is confused by all the different emotions coming at her at once. I would maybe text and just tell her that you're there for her if she needs anything. Also maybe just ask why she stopped being your friend so rapidly, just so you can have closure yourself.

• If I were you I would just wait it out a while and give her space until she wants to talk again. Whenever she is around you she gets feelings that are very weird to her so it probably scares her. My guess is she is scared to be around you right now because of those feels.

What Guys Said 3

• She got cold feet. As she had never experienced another girl asking to kiss/play (In an adult fashion) with her before. So, therefore she got upset that maybe you'd kiss and tell which is common and typical of younger people.
    Also, sometimes a female may want a male in the picture in order to break that ice (so to speak) with another female. In other words, she would need to be being played with by a male and then have that male encourage her to kiss the other girl as well as playing with her breasts and vagina while the whole time also (both females) are playing with the male. It eases the potential tension that comes with first time jitters.

• That's a bummer! It sounds like you should not waste emotional energy on this person. I suggest you get involved in something where you will meet other people with similar interests and form a broader ring of friendships.

• Sounds like she wants to, but is afraid of the backlash if her friends and family hear about it. If you tell her "it can be our little secret ;)", then she might be more willing.

What Girls Said 3

• The way I am seeing it, sweetie, she is Not sure a hundred percent about locking lips with you, Nor Making it with you as well. She is beginning her cold feet syndrome.
    Could be she is nervous that things really Could get beyond the "kindly kiss me" stage, and she is just not ready for it. Probably why she is not pushing any buttons right now to text you, nor respond back.
    Like the "first move" you made, continue a second to get through to her. You be the one to send her a message and-------get a message to her----and tell her you would like to "use your lips" to just talk, nothing more. If need be, make another move and scoot on over to her house, and push a few buttons of your own.
    She is obviously not the "loose lip" Lucy you thought she could be at this time. If you still want to remain best friends for another 5 years, make her feel more comfy, not close mouthed, about telling your best bud there's no big hurry And no big deal either, about smooching and even playing-----footsies as well.

• well… there's still that confusion there. she's probably scared she'll regret it.
    please keep in mind that kissing someone isn't going to make it clearer whether someone is straight or gay… emotion will come either way, and it can be extremely deceiving. it could be a phase, it could be her trying to find herself. you both need to give it some time, because coming to the conclusion that the attraction is there would b better done slowly, if at all.

• call her or go to her house