Would you date someone who was boring, yet nice?

Say there is a guy who is genuinely a good person. Not talking about those fake nice guys, but an actual nice, good human being. However he's just NOT interesting for the most part. You can't wait to get off the phone with him because the conversation is dull, he rarely likes to go out and do new things, and doesn't have much to talk about. But he is a good man. Would you stay with him even though he is about as exciting as wet laundry, or move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because a man is boring doesn't mean he can't be amazing in the sack, tho... or in other areas.

You really just need to ask yourself where boring vs nice fits on your list of priorities. It's exciting to be with bad people, but how often can you really trust them? These are the kinds of questions you need to ask yourself. Far too many women just go for the badboy because he's exciting in the here and now, but they aren't thinking about how him being a douche bag might affect things in the future... such as, making your parents hate you or disown you, and tons of other negative things that could potentially come from it.

What Guys Said 10

• Depends what the sex is like.

This isn't to suggest sex is everything, but I think I could -personally- be pretty happy with someone who was sweet, quiet, a good person, and fun in bed.

• Yes I would date someone who is boring yet nice. I am wild and crazy funny and outgoing and she would balance me out. She would tone me down a notch and I would probably get her out of her shell and make her feel and experience new things she never knew she had in her :)

Also don't knock wet laundry, it looks damn good on women ;)

Good question tho.

• No thats... like half the point... isn't it?

Why date a person you find boring, that's not fair to either you or the person you're dating.

• That's a lot of judging going on! Yes I would date a girl that you would consider to be boring.

• Probably not again. I dated a girl last year who is a great lady, but there wasn't much between us.

• Sounds like me lol

• Depends what you want. Could you imagine being married to him? If no, let him go.

• Ouch, that sounds like me. It all depends on how you feel. If you feel that the relationship is meaningful and can continuously grow deeper, then yes, I would stay in said relationship.

• I'm going through a similar issue right now. They don't have to be "exciting," but I would say that if you think they're boring and you aren't interested in what they have to say the relationship is pretty much over/nonexistent anyway.

Someone else will find them interesting. Playing it safe by staying with a "boring" nice guy won't leave you happy in the long run. Go find a nice guy you think is interesting.

Unless this is purely a hypothetical. In which case, no I wouldn't. lol.

• I would stay with a boring girl. Once you have been married for a long time, they are either going to bore, or annoy you anyway. There needs to be some chemistry, but them being exciting isn't really on my list of priorities. I am more concerned with finding a stable life partner.

What Girls Said 6

• There at plenty of guys who are genuinely nice and interesting. I need someone who is going to stimulate me mentally, who has interests I can relate to and who is cute and adorable and willing to do all the silly things I do.

Genuinely nice guys with a good personality are not that hard to find, they really, really aren't. I couldn't handle being with a boring guy. I'm not in this for "stability" and all the successful marriages I've seen are fun and exciting and engaging and wonderful and that's what I aspire to.

I won't get that with a wet rag. He can be as nice as he wants- as my friend. But this other guy with interests and hobbies and fun and excitement and smarts he's the one that I'm going to look to, to date.

• I wouldn't. I like to go out and do things since I really hate sitting around at home. Plus, I like to be entertained haha. I've dated a guy who was pretty boring. He didn't really know how to talk about anything except for like chess and other boring topics. That relationship didn't last long :/

• Human beings are complex. To me, no person in this world is boring. Maybe he is just like a lock that only the right key can unlock. Haha :P

• No, I don't think I could.

• I need someone who I can talk to and who is very interesting, so no :).

• No. I want someone who excites, entertains and surprises me.