8th grade girl dating a Sophmore?

Do you think it's okay for an 8th grader to so for a sophmore? Do you think I have a chance! I've known him for 2 years. And his best friend was my ex. Should I go for him? I like him a lot and he always smiles at me. And sends me requests on social networking ! Note that we never really talked over these two years cause I dated his best friend ! I see him all the time because he's good friends with my brother.

HELP! Do you think it's okay? 8th grader with sophmore?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is so weird. You are an eighth grader and you have already dated. Maybe for society it is not but for me it is. But I only just started dating at 18. Well how long have you and your ex been apart? Did he break up with you or did you break up with him? Do you think he likes you? I think it would be best to wait until you are at least in high school. It will make it easier and also you will be able to see him more and it will not be as weird. I would be careful though because you can break up that friendship.

What Guys Said 1

• The age difference doesn't trouble me. It's that you'll be dating your ex's best friend. You'll be putting him at risk for losing his best friend and your ex will be privy to knowledge of any new dirt on you.
    This is why Man Law states that you may not date your best friend's ex.

What Girls Said 5

• No. The physical and mental maturity between a sophomore and an 8th grader are too great. He might agree to date you, but that isn't the point. He's too old for you. I don't mean this is a mean way, but if he does ask you out, it's because he's desperate. No one dates 8th graders except for other middle schoolers and the occasional freshman. You'll find one day that middle school relationships don't have any substance, anyway. You'll find someone else, sweetie. When you're adults, the age gap won't be a big deal, but during puberty, it is.

• um he is your ex's best friend just the way a girl has a sister type law of not dating her best friend's ex the same way so do guys. Just because he smiles and messages you doesn't mean he likes you as a gf material could be just as a friend. Don't go on this territory

• It's only a 2 year difference so go ahead. That's odd how you already had a boyfriend though. Was it serious?

• I don't know what to say

• The fact that your ex is also his best friend will probably complicate things a bit. Personally I would wait until you're in the same school as him so you have a better idea of who he is. (also if you go to two different schools, it might make it easier for him to cheat)