What's the point of dating if the chance of rejection is almost guaranteed?

Girls today are so picky that asking a girl out, you have like a %99 chance that she'll say no, so what's the point?

I wish I could restrict this question to not allow girls to answer, they dont understand the question

Most Helpful Girl

• What's the point of dating if the chance of rejection is almost guaranteed?
    In my opinion it depends on gender:
    - For gals it seems the point is a relationship one with actual/perceived communication, connection, and companionship.
    - For guys it seems the point is f*cking as many gals as possible with the hope that all or most will be attractive or getting a relationship one with a steady sex supply with a subordinate who provides him an ego boost, adoration/validation of his masculinity, and perhaps hero worship

As you're a heterosexual male I'm not really seeing a point in dating for you as possibly what you want from dating can be gotten via prostitutes (sex) and escorts (ego boost, adoration/validation, hero worship). I doubt it's genuine and sincere interest in gals or an actual like of gals that motivates a desire to date them considering a hint of bitterness/resentfulness/misogyny ala 'girls today are so picky' and your seemingly defeatist attitude.

"Girls today are so picky"
    Meh if that were true then most guys would not be dating, having sex, in relationships, or married yet it seems most guys are. Perhaps it's more of the gals you choose don't want you so you correlate to gals being so picky as to invalidate rejection.

What Girls Said 7

• As with everything else in life, you have to work hard. Love is no different. I don't know why people think it should be. Nothing worth having ever comes easy and if it does you can't appreciate how wonderful it really is. So that's why everyone has to face rejection and I assure you, us girls also get rejected and hurt. A guy may say yes if we ask them out, but then usually they just want to see how far they can get us to have sex with them. So even for us, dating to find love is also a very difficult task because we are constantly getting used for sexual favors. It's no fun to get dates with guys easily only to end up finding out that they were never really interested in you. They just wanted sex.

Bottom line, the point of dating is trial and error. To find that one person you must go through many who won't feel the same. If you don't try, you can't ever expect to find the right person. You'll just end up lonely, old and full of regrets.

• I don't think restricting the question so that girls can't answer is a solution. And I also don't think that anyone here misunderstands your question. However, I DO think that you are looking for someone to complain to since you're in a pessimistic state of mind right now maybe because of something that happened to you recently. I also don't think you are looking for any REAL opinions. Only ones that enforce what you ALREADY Believe. So that leaves me to ask you THIS: Why bother asking the question if you just want to throw a pity party? Why ask this question on a site where everyone is free to have their own opinion?

And now for my answer.
    You're generalizing which is only adding to your negative experience with girls. And that is not going to change until YOUR attitude concerning dating changes. People get rejected ALL of the time. I've been rejected multiple times. But you just pick yourself back up and keep it moving. like everyone else does. There are numerous reasons why someone might not be interested in YOU or ME. Regardless, its that individuals opinion and their attraction to a person. Don't get upset if you're not that persons type. THAT is a major reason why people are rejected. But whatever, just find some one who likes you for you. I'm not saying that's going to happen next week, or tomorrow. I'm saying, LOSE the negative outlook on it. and you MIGHT just get somewhere.

• Like I said, girls dont understand, I dont even know why you answered?

• Yes you aren't , because women dont have trouble dating, the dating system is MADE for them

• Hahaha... QA... i gladly give you the last word. I stopped caring about two messages ago, but good luck to you.

• I hv to question how much responsibility you take for no dates. Would u date yourself? Do u see urself as hot? If not, what r u going to change this?

• That's why you shouldn't go for a girl that might like you.. Go for the ones who you know like you & you'll have a better chance of not getting rejected

• Oh wow some fucking guru you are, thanks sherlock

• Your question is a lie. That probability is impossible since there's more women in the world & I doubt you have asked out enough to count at that percentage level

• Women have high standards, rejection rate for men is near %99

• Dating is just like a social construct , I hate relationships and I am a lot happier single.
    But if you have difficulties with women here read this book. You just have to know your prey in order to get what you want. I use tons of tricks from this book

vk.com/doc-39319205_153955620

• The point is, there's still that 1% that will say yes.

We have to work hard for everything, my friend.

• Well girls dont really have to, they get asked out

• yes because of high expectations/standards

• maybe. I can't say for other girls, but for me, it's always old men who ask me out, so out of my age range.

• I think the majority of girls preferred a guy thats confidant and positive. If you're planning on getting married then I suggest you to quit being so negative.

• Marriage is the worst thing a guy can do for himself

• confidence is not something guys "just magically have"

• Confidence has to be built. the asked just doesn't want a girl bad enough to start building confidence!

What Guys Said 12

• Because if you don't instead of the odds being 99% chance they're 100%...

• %99 is pretty much %100 anyway, nothing lost

• Heh, If I had that attitude i'd have missed out on some amazing things in my life... i've dated way outside my league at times. Put it this way, I was single until I was almost 18 and before that NOONE had shown ANY interest in me... then I went through one of the best phases of my life in terms of dating, I wasn't single again for more than a week until I was 21... I've been single since then due to work and other issues... but I can't let that get me down, it looks hopeful.

• You will never remember the 'no's but you will remember the ones you wish you would have asked years later. Trust me.

Also I think 99% is pretty long odds. Even the worst of guys are 5%.

I think you should work on you and maybe how you are asking them. Most girls I dated I knew before I started dating them so by the time I 'asked them out' it was almost a sure thing.

• The first sentence is absolutely true; don't wanna have regrets later!

• I agree.. I can think of a few girls I easily did not ask... And I know 1 of them would have said yes... I just didn't go for it. But things have changed now.

• If you've got a 99% rejection rate, you're doing something wrong.

• that's how it is for the average guy

• OR girls these days just have overly high expectations

• The asker could be targeting girls above his league!

• 1) Not every girl gets asked all the time. Some have the same problems you do. But, since it's more common for guys to ask girls, girls are typically more picky than guys to balance things out. Not all the time, but usually.

2) If girls said yes all the time, then 99.9% of girls would have a guy already, and you'd have the same problem. Just think of it as a filter for finding that perfect girl, instead of just the first one you ask.

• It's because we're all searching for that 1% my friend. If we want anything badly enough we will get it.

• I suppose u don't want female companionship bad enough to go through the asking out and dating process.

Trust ME, if u do want female companionship bad enough, you'll ask girls out consistently till you get what you're looking for (a date, sex, and/or relationship)

• the odds aren't nearly that bad. Having a defeatist attitude may keep you from finding someone though. I'm an average guy, but that has never stopped some women from being attracted to me when i put the effort in

• You're pretty much right there.

• From my perspective, you seem to have low self-esteem, a dislike for women, and a confirmation attribution bias. The confirmation bias is a human tendency to only notice and observe behavior that supports our prior beliefs.

For example, a person who believes rich people are discriminatory towards the working class will only notice instances of rich people discriminating towards the working class and fail to notice the many times where they assisted them.

Perhaps you are looking for signs of rejection from women, which would make you your own worst enemy. And unless you are physically repulsive and/or rude to women, I can't bring myself to believe that there have not been instances where women would have given you a chance.

I suggest that you self-assess and make any necessary adjustments. Like, say, your attitude towards women, for starters. In any case, don't give up. Self-improve, then get back in the game.

• No fuck the game and fuck everybody, fuck everything

• You sound super cynical about dating. Most definitely part of that 99% chance is because of your defeatist, sour attitude about girls and dating.

• the attitude came after the results

• thats why i never try, girls just look for the wrong things to be attracted to which makes girls impossible, so based on all that its really the girl who supposed to make ALL the first moves anyways

• today I asked one out but she had a boy friend. its not the first time they've said no but the point is eventually you will come across that one percent or more that will say yes