Ladylike way to turn a guy down?

What is the kindest most ladylike way to turn a guy down? Usually I just politely say "No, I don't think so" and try to not make a big deal of it. But what is the most ladylike thing to do? Specifically, what should I say to him?

Any and all ideas are welcome, the more details the better :)

Thanks in advance :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually just say something to the effect of,"Thankyou so much I am so flattered that you are interested in me, however I have a boyfriend."... and that's it. That way, he isn't offended and his feelings aren't hurt and his self esteem is in tact. Good luck.

• except for the fact that its a LIE and we can tell when it is

• @blackaddereturns
      Maybe its true maybe its not. I ding really think it matters that much. And not every guy thinks that hard on it to try and figure out whether you're lying or not. But I think think my response is a lot better than laughing and saying," I don't think so." To me, that type of comment stings. But saying I have a bf, which is TRUE, most guys back off and stop harassing me.. but also their confidence is still in tact. Maybe you're just a bit sensitive.

• "I don't think"

What Guys Said 4

• Hard to say. The criteria for a guy coming on to someone can be as subtle as a train smashing through walmart or navigating a hedge maze with your eyes gouged out. So each response would have to be tailored to the situation I suppose. I think as a general rule, don't say something like "Sorry I'm not your type." in fact don't even apologize. Ask him how he sees this turning out.

Also running shoes and a box of nails will come in handy.

• I think you can be a little more polite than "I don't think so" like he's not worthy of your time.

A simple "No, thank you, I'm really not interested." should be more than sufficient.

• There's no real "ladylike" way to turn a guy down and besides even if you tried to, he may still keep trying. Men don't get "no" because we think it means "keep trying". I don't know why that is. The best way you tell him no is just to say I'm not interested in anything more than friends. I'm not attracted to you like that. If he doesn't get that and continues, get your parents or the cops involved, it's become harassment.

• Just do what you want to do... In the end of the day a guy would rather a straight up answer then to be lead on.. He would appreciate it more to be told ,
    "I'm not interested" then "Maybe some other time or I'm not sure il let you know"

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about being ladylike. Respond in the same tone he approached you with. If some guy is being a douche nozzle at the bar I tell him to fuck off. If he's politely trying to get my number or something I am polite back. You don't owe it to anyone to be ladylike if they aren't "gentleman" in their way of showing interest.

• Tell them you have a boyfriend. It works like a charm