Have you ever given someone a chance that has a lot of drama/baggage and how did it work out for you?

There is a girl that I have been on a few dates with. She is 5 years younger than me and just had some really bad parents and family up bringing. But she wants to better herself. None of her problems are too big and all are fixable. It is just that she is recently trying to improve her situation and I can't see much improvement yet. The problem is that I am not super into her but she is fun to hang out with. I don't know what type of relationship she is looking for. I just can't figure out if I am getting myself into trouble.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was told a saying "Don't bother helping anyone else if you can't even help yourself"

If this is your first time, its likely that you're going to be in trouble because you don't know what the outcome will be in the end.

I know i did 2 years ago to help someone and i failed. I was trying to help her become a better person, i wasn't patient and we don't talk anymore. All i can say is, be patient and don't give up to help her out.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm smart and I just won't do that to myself

• When someone is very overwhelmed with many situations, they sometimes want to keep to themselves or it can help to have that one person who is always there, just so they have someone to lean on....I really hope that all made sense.

• Last time I was with a guy that had a lot of baggage it was hard for me to deal with. A lot of times he would take his anger out on me verbally. It was very emotionally draining. In the end I had to walk away for my own sake. To save my sanity. If you get into this relationship just know you are dealing with a very unstable person and you have to be the rock. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Good luck

• Yes and it ended badly. Until someone has dealed with their own issues then they aren't ready for anyone else in their life.

What Guys Said 1