Does her best friend know about our date?

Background:

Ages ago (3 months) I asked a friend for some advice about this girl (both of these girls are best friends) I liked and whether I should ask her out. Up until now she didn't know who I was talking about.

Now:
Fast forward 3 months, I ask her out. We go on a great date, and then today, the day after the date I get a message from our mutual friend:

"Heyy, how have your last few days been? by the way , can't remember if I asked you- did you ever ask that girl out?

Just out of the blue- have the two of them been talking about it?
Her next question is: "oh cool, did it go well and who is it?"

I'm guessing she must know? I don't know whether to tell her or not though- I don't want it to make it look like to the girl I like, that I'm spilling the beans and gossiping about her- or that our mutual friend doesn't even know so I don't need to tell her.

Well she was asking me lots of questions and asked a few times for a name, & whether if she knew the person. I managed to avoid saying who!
If she does know, why is she acting like she doesn't?

What Girls Said 1

• I honestly don't see much wrong with saying WHO your date was, but you don't have to say anything else beyond." I had a nice time." You don't have to go into detail about the date or your feelings about her etc. Why? Because it's inevitable that the they are going to talk about it, and you don't want anything but positive words to be said about your view of the date. So, the less you say the better. If you want to be private about it, that's absolutely fine. By mentioning who you went out with and then not giving too much info, you should be fine. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• She probably knows. That's way to much of a coincidence.

Stay non-committal, on the off chance it is a coincidence. Say something like "WOW. I forgot I asked you that. What made you think of that, all of a sudden?" "I've been kinda busy lately. What do you think I should do?"

When she replies. Just say "Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind."

That way. She doesn't have any definitive info for her friend, if she knows. If she doesn't know anything about the date. She's still left hanging.

But you have to ask the other girl out again. Soon. That way if the friend does say some thing to your date girl. She isn't left wondering if you're not interested.

:-)