Graduating in May but I met this guy I kind of like. Is it even worth it? If so, what should I do?

I just recently met this guy I feel like I kind of like. I mean, I've only known him for a week so I don't even know if it's possible to like someone that quickly. But I graduate in May and he doesn't graduate until next year. Should I even bother? My instinct is just to stay far away and never contact him again because I assume nothing can come of it, and because I'm terrified he doesn't like me back, so it just feels way safer this way. What should I do? Is it worth it with only 2 months left? If so, someone want to steer me in a direction to take this? We have no classes together but I have his number. I'm just not any good at any of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweetie, unless you plan on booking a flight out of dodge the day you graduate, in order to further your education, I see no reason why you can't start up something with this newbie.
    And yes, it Is possible to "like someone quickly." Believe me, it happens to the best of us.
    Being you Do have his number, go ahead and start the ball rolling.
    Don't be terrified. You are considered a young adult now, who is soon going to venture out into a whole new world soon. Trust me, That is ten more times frightening than being afraid of rejection from someone you just met a week ago. Life is a gamble, no matter what it is.
    Good luck with all your future en-devours, sweetie.. xx

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say don't pursue it. 2 months will go by fast, and you'll probably meet someone soon enough when you get back home. I've had two long distance relationships and they're hard. Really hard. Especially when the person you're interested in is in college, surrounded by tons of people of the opposite sex. Even if they don't cheat, you can end up driving yourself crazy wondering if they are. If it was someone you've known for a long time and have complete trust between the two of you it might be worth it. Also, making sure you schedule time to talk to each other on the phone/Skype/whatever is hard. You get irritated if the other person can't talk when you want to. But if you think you can handle all that, go for it. Good luck.

• My brother started dating a sophomore a week after he graduated high school. I never thought it would last because of the age gap, and the fact that he was going to college a few hours away, but after seven years, she's my sister in law.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see why you would question if it's worth it or not. You have 2 months of school left, after which you guys will both have all summer to potentially hang out and get to know each other better. As for once September comes around and he's still at school, I'm sure you guys could make it work if something started between you two. Most of my friends, including myself are with someone at different schools. It's really not that big of a deal, and the fact of the matter is that if you matter enough to someone, they'll make it work. Also, if you give it a try and nothing comes of it, you're out of the school in 2 months so you won't have to be around him.

It's really a win-win situation if you think about it. Go for it!