I need help with meeting people?

I really want to start meeting new people. As I have only recently gained my 'freedom' I want to spend my time with people, friends.. maybe more.
The problem is I don't know how to meet new people as I have been somewhat of a hermit for the last few years.
I am scared of new experiences and many things that people do on a day to day basis scare me... I really need to explore society.. people.. myself.

11

What Guys Said 1

• You need to focus on conquering your fears. Start with something familiar... like seeing a movie with a friend. If you're not used to going out to the movies in public, pick a less crowded time, like during the week. Slowly challenge yourself to do more and not follow the same habits that got you where you are today.

• I would love to do that but I don't have any friends to begin with... in order to challenge myself.

• I will try.. I am meeting someone I met online about a year back on Saturday.. kind of scared...

• It will be fine. Just remember that this person has their own set of fears. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist.

What Girls Said 1

• Do you go to school or work? Its easy to meet people there.

• It isn't as easy as that.. for me.. I wish it was...