So when I try to do on-line dating, I get the feeling I am just not special enough, not sexy enough not playboy bunny enough?

I'm somewhat average 5 foot 4 inches. 115 pounds.

Just can't seem to make on-line dating work for me. I am shy and it's hard to take that step to actually fussing about a date and then meeting a person.

How do I meet people if not on a dating site.

The people I meet at work I do not want to date.

Most Helpful Guy

• Good move not wanting to date someone at work. It really shouldn't be that hard for any woman really. One thing that helps is if you can hide your profile. If you start at a site sometimes after your done setting up your profile up hide it and wait a couple of weeks. That way you don't get pounced on as a newbie. The other things would be to set your filters to what your looking for age, distance and so on.
    You have to get out there a couple of times in order to feel comfortable. Sure it's not easy but if take your time in wanting to meet. a few e mails a phone conversation or two. You don't want to spend to much time in cyberspace and develop a virtual connection because 9 times out of 10 you'll be disappointed. Remember you're in control don't let anyone rush you or speak to you dis respectfully (sex Talk). That's what the block key is for. Remember nothing you read or people you talk to are real until you meet. I think you'll find you might like it. You do need to develop a thick skin in this arena. Good Luck and be safe! J B

What Guys Said 2

• Online dating is about the easiest way to go for a shy person, sorry to say. You could try meetup. com and go to a social or dating event, or find clubs (reading, sports, chess, etc) nearby that you're interested in. The trick is to surround yourself with people that you might like. Smile at people you like and don't be afraid of being overly obvious showing that you like them. I've never heard a guy complain that a girl was obviously into him.

• Oh also, nothing wrong with being plain. Playboy bunny doesn't sound very appealing to me. I like more normal girls. Don't worry about your looks. Being open and honest and smiling is like 10x more important.

• Night school. Church groups. Volunteering. Get a dog and go for walks at a park. Bars. If you have a hobby, maybe there's a club you could join. Friends of friends. A gym. Street corner (just kidding). Sporting events.

:-)

What Girls Said 3

• I am online dating. Somewhat difficult because yes you don't know if they are talking to or dating 5 other women at the same time. On the flip side.. I guess that is what dating is.. finding the right one for you. There is deff ups and downs.. I have learned to not take it personally if the conversation just drops like you chat at the beginning then after a few days, nothing. Or if you go out a few times with someone and don't hear back from them. Seems a bit mean.. I usually let them know nicely that I am just not feeling it.. Make sure in your. profile you write what you are looking for.. Some guys actually do take the time to read it.
    To win someone over I found is to be confident, or fake it.. I fake my nervousness all the time. Everyone is nervous for the first time meeting a stranger. I compare it to a job interview. Something I detest but if you are interested, you just have to run with it. First date should be a coffee in a public place.. give it a time restriction if that makes you feel better.
    The more you meet people the easier it is.
    good luck!!

• Is work the only place you go to? hmmm... and perhaps you don't feel good enough online because most people alter their photos now-a-days... and your real photo might seem less than average in comparison to other girls who have been all photoshopped to target all the guys who just go by looks. (which is most guys) Do you have friends? If you're shy maybe some of your friends can introduce you to some potential dates?

• Hmm.. Try joining a gym, church, activity, etc. Maybe you and a couple of your friends should try going to live shows, concerts, etc. If you are into music. Online dating is pretty okay but it depends on which dating site you join. Give online dating a shot, you might like it. Don't feel like you are not special enough. You are.