Is the main reason why overwhelming vast majority of women do not initiate dates or relationships with men is due to their biochemistry, is that why?

I got that statement from a guy on one of the forums on Plentyoffish, here is the quote he said: " Don't count on women initiating relationships, even when a woman wants a certain guy. They are simply less likely to pursue it, given their biochemistry and, to a lesser extent, their conditioning."

Is that the main reason why most girls, almost all of them never make the first move or ask guys out?
What is the whole specific meaning, what did he really mean behind biochemistry? Is that the

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's based on stereotype and tradition... reason being that women can ask a guy out and traditions can be broken. In saying that it's rare and I wouldn't count on it, a girl might tell you she likes you but it's rare one would be as forward to ask a guy out.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the gut is false, but oddly enough and this is due to experience. . If a women approach a guy first.. even if the guy was interested to begin with, he's no longer interested the girl is considered easy, clingy... desperate.
    men who get approached first mysteriously lose interest

• i agree with brownginger. we don't want to come off as desperate. it devaluates us in the eyes of everyone.

• I honestly do ask guys out, initiate AND get rejected most of the times specially when it's a guy I want.. Not that am ugly or stupid or anything.. I probably intimidate men.. Explain to me why actually this happens to me.. If I want a guy and be upfront about it they think am "easy" and use me for dex and pretend we re dating the whole time then poof.. Fuck that I just did that recently and they guy admitted few days ago that he has commitment issues.. Even before a first date!

What Guys Said 2

• maybe, not sure

• Depends on the girl. I've met a few girls that have initiated asking me on dates/going out.