How do I let a man know that I am interested in him romantically without appearing desperate?

When I moved into my last place, the out-of-state homeowners employed a local family friend/neighbor to assist with handyman-type work on the property. The guy, who I didn't know before, is a few years younger than me and we went to the same high school.

The neighbor was always super nice and fun, but it was just business between us. After a couple of years, I moved to a different house.

Fast-forward a few months and I found out that the handyman guy works at a local grocery store that I frequent often. We've chit-chatted on numerous occasions and he seems more friendly and talkative than when I interacted with him before.

I have been somewhat interested in him for a while, but never thought too much of it. But now I can't stop thinking about him. I want to know if it's acceptable for me to do or say something to let him know that I am interested in possibly developing our relationship into something more, but I'm really nervous. Especially since we do happen to know a number of the same people. If I wanted to do this, what would be my best approach? Even though it's chicken, I'd prefer to reach out over text message rather than in person. The fear of rejection is stifling!

Any suggestions on how/what or when to say something? Thanks!!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• invite him out for "coffee" if you will, and see what he says? The worse that you could get is a polite... answer "Sorry i have a gf. already..."