How does a guy ask out a waitress?

Some guys from church had a meeting at this local restaurant a couple of days ago. I had to work late, so I got there just as the meeting ended. Some of them stuck around, but it eventually, I was there by myself. The waitress was really cute, looked close to my age. I know that they probably have to be a little flirty and/or get hit on a lot, but how do you actually make a move with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be flattering to get a note that says "you're beautiful" and then put your number on it or something haha. That way if she was feeling it, she could choose whether or not to do something about it. Unless you hate the suspense, then just say something genuinely sweet and see if she'd like to hangout sometime.
    I was a cashier for a while, which is not quite the same but when guys hit on me directly it made me nervous, and I didn't want to get in trouble at work haha but if I thought the guy was cute and he gave me a cute note how could a girl not respond?

• Telling her "you're beautiful" right up front wouldn't... weird her out at all?

• It would be prudent, but you're hoping she doesn't have a boyfriend, not hoping that she'll think you're prudent if she does have a boyfriend haha. Don't psych yourself out, you've got this (:

• She wasn't there when I went, but I appreciate your help. Maybe next time I go lol.

What Girls Said 5

• You don't want to hit on her a lot at her job because restaurant servers get that all the time. If she seems flirtatious I'd say just talk to her and ask her what bars she likes, then ask if she wants to get a drink after work. Be really casual, not like you're making a big deal of asking her out. Once she's not at work she won't have so many defenses.

• You don't I've seen some extremely hot guys come into my resturants and they may be the nicest guy in the world and always get shot down. Waitresses will take the compliment but they'll go to the kitchen and laugh about it

• If you have a good career - it shouldn't be too hard to hit on a waitress. Most of them don't make that much money so if you are a doctor or an engineer or lawyer your chances are pretty high.

• Ask for her number. she'll either give it to you or not.

• Ask her what time she finishes and invite her out for a drink or a coffee.

• the same way you would any other girl

What Guys Said 4

• There's a lot written on this, but the short answer is just go for it. It's a long shot though, since they get hit on constantly. They also flirt gently as part of their job so a lot of guys get false impression they're getting somewhere with them.

• She didn't seem flirty. We joked around a bit, but that was basically it.

• Why don't you just try to talk to her first. I tried to talk, then found out she didn't work at the restaurant anymore. Talk to her before it's too late! LOL!

• "I'll take the [insert meal] and your phone number as dessert."

• That was Smooth..! xD

• If a guy said that to me I would laugh and maybe even think it was cute, but he wouldn't get my number haha

• Haha, can't blame you. And I personally wouldn't ever try out that line.