if a guy your seeing didn't get you valentines card/gift on valentines day is that bad?

A guy I 'm seeing didn't get me a Valentine's card or anything and my sister thinks thats quite bad but I just thought it was because Valentine's day is just another day and doesn't mean anything. But then it made me think maybe he should of because it would of been a way of showing he cares more (Possibly). at the moment we both live fairly far apart as I am at university (College) so we only see each other when I'm able to come home now and again. Am i reading to much into this? I know it was a while ago since Valentine's day but my sister just mentioned it randomly and it got me thinking.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I guess it was a month ago anyway so I should just take it with a pinch of salt right now

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what you told him Valentine's day meant to you. If you agreed with him, and said that Valentine's day was just another day, and that you didn't want to exchange gifts, then it isn't a bad sign at all.

If you told him that Valentine's day (or any holiday/special occasion) was important to you, and he didn't bother to get you a gift or express his love/affection for you, then that is a bad sign.

It all depends on how you communicated the importance of it all. If you didn't say anything, then you can't expect him to know.

What Guys Said 3

• If your relationship is more that just seeing each other because there is nothing else to do, then you should have received at least a card. On the other hand, did you get him a card? If not, why not?

• If you're only seeing each other and you're not in a relationship then it doesn't make sense to get you anything for Valentine's day. If anything it might scare you away like maybe he's too clingy.

• Depends on how long you've been going out, and whether you said anything like "you don't have to get me anything". Even if you didn't mean it, because if you say that to a guy, he will take you at your word.

What Girls Said 0