My boyfriend keeps getting text from his bisexual guy friend is this normal?

Ok my boyfriend has a friend who is supposedly bisexual and they have been friends for a long time. All of their mutual guy friends basically stop hanging around the bisexual guy because of questions of him being bi, but my boyfriend continued to be real close my boyfriend always says even though he may be bi he is the only one who seems to have his head on right all his other friends or more into things he is not into. My only problem is this guy was texting my boyfriend late at night when he got off work my boyfriend and this guy are weed smokers and that's what they usually do and that's it. I just don't know if this is normal for straight men to do

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. It seems to me you have a boyfriend who seems like a genuine guy. From what you posted they've been friends for a long time. I don't think he would turn bi being around a friend who is bi. Guys usually know or respect other guy's space so your boyfriend would stop him if he tried to do anything weird. You can trust him. But if they have A LOT in common and constantly text each other NON STOP at night and I'm not talking about a little or just few, I'm talking about A LOT of texts, then that might be a red flag. I don't know, it might be his personality. I know I don't text my best friend a lot lol. You could always talk to him about it. He respects you enough and communication is key for a good relationship.

• so your saying it's normal for a bisexual guy to text another straight guy late at night?

• every night

• I wouldn't say it's normal but I would think that since they're close enough guys do that. But I think that's a bit weird. Really, you should let him know because I feel like that bisexual guy is thinking something else while your boyfriend thinks another. I'm not trying to attack anyone but the bisexual guy is probably needy and needs affection or someone to talk to and the only person he can confide in is your boyfriend. That bisexual guy might pull something with him so watch out.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not uncommon for best friends to text each other, even late at night. I don't think your boyfriend is going to cheat on you.

• Your boyfriend sounds like a very good person, and a really great and true friend. As for texting, yeah I'd say it's pretty normal behavior for male friends to message each other a bit. It's certainly not a sign that they're secretly fooling around with each other if that's what you're thinking.

• It just sounds like your boyfriend is more open-minded and accepting of people than most people. I wouldn't suspect that anything is happening.

• Only if you don't think straight men and bi men can't be "just friends".

• can*

Double negative in that haha

• i don't have a problem with them being friends the problem is this guy texting my boyfriend at 1 am in the morning every single night it does not seem normal at all all his other straight guy friends don't text him at 1 in the morning EVERY NIGHT because they are probably somewhere getting laid or with their GIRLFRIENDS

• It just sounds like your jealous that they're friends BECAUSE he's bi

What Girls Said 6

• I feel your confusion >.< my boyfriend is close friends with a friend of mine who is openly gay and who can be very sexual. part of me wants to trust that my boyfriend wouldn't ever do anything with another guy, i even asked him once if their was anything going on between them and he denied it, but I don't know he's kind of feminine, so there is always that nagging thought of "i hope they're just playing video games" when i know they're hanging out. So I can totally see where you're coming from and see why you're concerned.

• Maybe but then you can't just let it go sometimes

• exactly I just hate when people point at me like i'm the bad person but if they were in my shoes they would think the same thing.

• They shouldn't be smoking weed.(i think that that's the biggest problem here)
    They probably are just good friends and your bf sounds like a nice guy.

• It really isn't normal... I have had some guy try to pick up my bf before... it was weird... and my bf dropped him as a friend because he kept hitting on him and doing weird stuff..

• at least someone agrees with me I just don't think it's normal for a guy to text another guy everynight at 1 am in the morning. I think his friend has something for him and they are always together no one is understanding where I'm coming from and I'm turning out to be the bad person and like i'm judgmental

• no you aren't the bad person! How would he feel if you were best friends with a guy other than him and did everything with him and texted him at 1am and did all this sketchy shit? ask him that. then I rest my case :)

• So you're saying your boyfriend is this guy's only friend because everyone else ditched him and you have a problem with your boyfriend being there for him? Sounds like you have a pretty great boyfriend.