Just curious but, do any of you girls like comic books? If you do, would a "date" buying comics sound like a good idea?

I personally love them but I have NEVER met a girl who likes them, at least until now. I met her but didn't think much, she is a little "quirky" but she is a nice girl. She was asking me questions about movies and since she seem a bit nerdy, I asked her about comics and she said yes. To my surprise she knows a LOT about them and I can talk "freely" with her about them because she knows a lot.

I've grown to like her because i have seriously NEVER met a girl who liked them. We seemed to get along before we even talked about them but I was thinking about asking her to come with me to the local comic shop and just talk and get to know her.

Does this seem like a good idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do like comics, but the only ones I've ever read were either japanese ones (also known as manga) or were part of little girls magazines when I was younger (I loved reading them and resolving their puzzles, lol). By "comics", you probably mean Marvel's comics ("Spider-man", "X-men", "The Hulk", "Fantastic Four", "Iron Man" and so on); I haven't read them, but I did watch the animations, movies and played Marvel's games (my favorite are "X-men II Rise of Apocalypse" and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance").

I also have female friends who like to read manga. I even gave one of them a manga as a Christmas gift (I ordered it online, wrote something on the first, almost blank page with glitter gel pen, wrapped it nicely in a silvery wrapping paper with rose and tinsel), and she told me it was the best gift she's ever received xD I'm saying it just to give you an idea if you will ever want to surprise her with a comic book/manga/normal book. It might be too girly for a boy to do that, but you can adapt it however you want.

Regarding inviting her to a comic shop, that sounds good; I'd gladly accept to go there with a guy :) It's a good idea and it's something different from the usual cinema date and such. Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes!!

I would give anything for just a friend who enjoys comic books, let alone a possible boyfriend. (My boyfriend's about as nerdy and dorky as me but if he liked comic books too I'd be down on one knee by now, lol.)

That date sounds like a fine idea, especially since it's a common interest. And I at least always love finding new comic book stores to poke around in... and I feel better going with someone because I usually get a lot of odd stares when I go into a comic book store.

• Yes! That sounds perfect! I am not even into comic books like that but I can appreciate the classics, spider man, bat man, super man, fantastic four. It is definitely interesting to see how comic books like those changed over the years. It is less pressure and more original than a dinner date. It sounds cool. Go for it.

• I do. The guy I'm seeing now is really into comics/graphic novels and I always take 'em to read :)

What Guys Said 0