Is he full of hot air about marriage and commitment?

Should I take this as a sign that he isn't ready to commit to me and will never be?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year. He joined the Air force prior to our dating, and about 7 months into our relationship, he shipped out to Basic Training.

It's been a rocky road, and we talked about moving in together, when he got his official base. He did receive his official base, and he will be stationed in pretty much the middle of nowhere. There is nothing out there for me.

He says that he won't get married to me unless we live together first. He tells everyone he wants to be engaged, loves me more than anything.. etc. But yet there is no action to back it up.

When my mother gently asked if he got a ring, he said he would have to see about the money.

I don't want to continue a difficult relationship, if he's just keeping me along for the ride, and not willing to actually commit.

I'm worried that he might be all hot air.

What Guys Said 1

• If he's 18-24 too, the fact that he should be considering marriage at all is something you should be grateful for. Even getting an older man to marry is tough these days.

You knew he was in the military. You knew it wasn't going to be easy, surely.

• So, altogether, you would be pretty comfortable saying he's interested in me and there IS a possible committed future?

• Yes, I would be comfortable saying that.

What Girls Said 0