Does color matter? Does he like me? And tel the truth?

Okay, there's this guy I like. He's light skinned. Rumor is that he only goes out with white and light skinned girls. But, I'm caramel not light skinned. Do you think he like me? He helped me open the door and was smiling every since i came in the office. So you think he like me? And I don't need a speech, or lecture about color doesn't matter. It's just a simple question people!

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely sounds like he's interested in you!

I know you said you don't want a speech about colour not mattering, but I'll go ahead anyway. It never mattered to me what colour someone was, but I sort of thought that Asians weren't really my type. I started hanging out with an Asian guy last semester as a friend, and as I got to know him I found him to be a super charming, really all around great person and I grew to really like him and we're now dating! Don't let the fact that you think he's only into white girls stop you. There's really no harm in trying. :)

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on the person, but most likely it'd make no difference... an attractive girl is attractive to the majority regardless of colour.

• There is no way for us to know.

• "... And I don't need a speech, or lecture about color doesn't matter..."

-Good luck with that, LOL!!!

ANYWAYS, are you talking about a white guy? If he is, then he probably only will go out with white girls or light skinned, whatever that is.

• Definitely not enough information. He may just be polite.

Also since you've asked for the truth, there are guys who aren't preferring the lighter skin itself, but rather the healthy natural hair that goes with it. Unfortunately a lot of women of color do things to their hair that results in them wearing weaves - something guys like not more and not less than an average woman would like a guy with a hairpiece or a combover.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know. You may be cute enough for him to make an exception. Loets of guys say they only like ONE type of girl, but there is always a girl that he will make an exception for.

If you're attractive and his type, you may have a chance. But I don't know anything about you or him, to give you a definite yes or no.

But I can say that if you're attractive enough most guys will date you.

• It shouldn't matter what color your skin is when it comes to how you're treated; if the guy is really worth your time at all, he won't care about your skin tone. I don't really have enough information to tell you whether or not he likes you, but I would say to keep your mind open. Besides, skin color is literally just pigment, and it shouldn't matter.

• We can't possibly know that. Some guys are just nice like that... As to the color question, it only matters if he specifically says he ONLY dates girls with light skin... otherwise It doesn't matter.