Why does my friend text me constantly?

I've known this girl since October of last year and over this time period we have hung out many times. We used to text and message each other on Facebook all the time. I even talked to her until 5 in the morning a couple of times. The problem is we mostly hangout in a group setting and she calls me "dude" or "friend". She will say your one of my only friends or something along those lines. I stopped talking to her for 10 days once and she started messaging me on Facebook until almost one in the morning even though she had school at 7. She has also tagged me 3 statuses in the past month on her Facebook . She told me about how it makes her vomit when she people post statuses about being in love on Facebook but then she said "I'm going to post one about you and make you vomit". She was obviously kidding and didn't post but it still got me thinking. She says she mostly misses me in the group because we haven't hanged out in a month. The text messaging has been going on for a week straight now and she has only stopped texting me for work and sleep.

.

Most Helpful Guy

• She is waiting for you to ask her out.

What Girls Said 2

• She likes you and have very strong feelings for you and perhaps she has fear that you don't like her that's why she is not telling you the truth so if you feel same be a man propose her and don't then again be a man and tell her all things and advice her to move on.
    And you asked the same question at yahoo answer?

• Sounds like what my boyfriend is going through with his friend that's a girl.

What Guys Said 1

• She texts you all the time and she makes flirty jokes with you... She likes you... Ask her to hang out, just the two of you