College senior girl asking college sophomore guy to formal: is the age gap weird or acceptable?

I met this guy a few weeks ago and he's really cute and really sweet. We aren't close friends or anything but we always say hi and hug when we see each other. I want to ask him to go to senior formal with me but I'm worried the age gap makes me seem kind of desperate. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Rule of thumb is "age / 2 + 7" is comfortable with everyone, so if you're 22, you can go with anyone 11+7=18 years or older and people don't mind. It's perfectly fine to go outside of this, but some people might judge you for it because it's unusual, and some people are dumb.

• One or two years is nothing unusual when it comes to these things. Feel free to ask him.

• Don't over think it! Pick up the phone and ask him. A two year difference is nothing.

• It's only unacceptable for the people who get caught up on silly things like that

What Girls Said 5

• Not at all! I'm a junior in college and dating a freshman. The age gap shouldn't matter in college. I mean if you treat him like a kid then it won't be fun but girl go for it! If you think you two would have a good time together then it's definitely worth it!

• I think it's okay. My dad's co worker is married to a man 8 years younger than her and she has 3 children from her first marriage that she brought into the relationship. This is nothing.

• No, in fact I think its sweet of you!

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

• Age is just a number! My hubby is 19 years older than me:) I couldn't be happier