Should I feel bad that I keep declining this guy online?

I only know him from online, and he's real. I've got his address and everything. He and I are like friends in real life and have a trip in the works to meet.

Well the thing is, he wants to watch things online and Skype all the time... And when I get home from work, I just want to relax. I don't want to be stuck in a several hours long conversation with him.

I don't mind messaging... Because I can put the phone down and come back to it. But he keeps asking me to watch stuff and I like to, but I feel bad always declining!

Tonight he said "it's ok, I'm out with friends now anyway." And then left my response unread for hours.

I feel bad but this is my life and he is there and I am here, and we aren't dating or anything!

Is there a better way to handle this, and should I even worry about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• No you should not feel bad. It really sounds like you need to establish some limits with him. You need to be very clear about what you need and ask him to honor your feelings. If this is not possible then you really need to revaluate whether this friendship is a good thing for you.

What Guys Said 2

• No, you have your own life and own stuff to do... nobody expects you to sit through long conversations just for the sake of being polite.

• Why do you feel bad about it?

What Girls Said 1

• No, I wouldn't feel bad, but do you think that you are really interested in this guy? Maybe you just don't have the time or want to put in the energy to do these types of things w/someone.