Girls, would you think this is a weird touch/gesture?

Went on an amazing date with a girl today (first date), it went perfect. We have so much in common, she loved the food, was laughing and smiling a lot, turns out I went to high school with all her friends, etc. We both had an amazing time and I know she really likes me. On the drive back she asked me a question about music (regarding a band) and my answer got her really excited and her face lit up because it was what she would have answered and she loved the band. At that point I reached over and gave her a kind of scratching gesture on her leg (I guess kind of like when girls massage a guys head, they kind of scratch/massage it lol). It was quick nothing lingering and she kept talking and didn't seem put off by it. Just want to know if you girls would think thats weird.

And by her leg I mean close to her knee, not up higher haha.
AND the first thing she does whenever she seems me is give me a hug so I know she's interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you made a mistake at all. Yes, it could be a put off if you misread her interest in you, but that is clearly not the case. If I can tell that a girl is into me on a first date, I definitely try to make contact (in a respectful way) earlier than later. If she receives it well that's a good sign. If she does the same thing back to you it's even better. When she does reciprocate contact, you might want to start thinking about whether or not to go for a kiss at the end of the night. It takes practice to read girls, and it can be really awkward if you're wrong, but it sounds like you're doing just fine.

What Girls Said 2

• If I was into the guy and he didn't push it any further, I'd find that quite hot. It's not like you violated her personal space all that much like putting your hand down her shirt or something similar. It's good that she didn't seem put off by it; she's probably quite into you. :)

• I wouldn't stress over it. If she hasn't ignored you or dropped contact since then, you're fine. It'd be weird if the date HADN'T been going well, tbh.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not a girl, but I have to say this. A lot of girls will find it pretty weird if you do that on the first date because it can be seen as if you're asking for a one night stand (thats most irrational thing i can think of). However you didn't do anything after that, so it'd be like a minor mistake and maybe later in the future you can do that when you two grow closer in the relationship.

• Nope. Not too sexual but you are still letting you know that you're not afraid to touch her. Perfect timing so she doesn't think you're a weird creep, perfect spot so she's doesn't think you are sexually deprived. Good Job Man.