I'm in high school and want to date a guy a year younger than me?

He's a sophomore and I don't know him well enough to have developed feelings for him, but I'm thinking about making him my make out buddy. I know I'm attractive enough, but what problems do you think I could run into?

Also, he's shy, so how do I approach him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Date a guy younger than you? This is madness!! Lol on a serious note, I don't see anything wrong with this, definitely go for it if you want. What problems could you run into? Let see: he could be gay, as you said he's shy so you could spook him in which case he'll have no clue what to do in the situation, he could jump all over you and be so happy you want to be "make out buddies", he go reject you on the spot, etc. Don't focus on the negatives, just go for it. Talk with him first, get to known him, he'll need to get comfortable before you make any moves. Once you guys have good rapport, then assert yourself. You seem confident, so just be honest with him.

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing wrong with that. Find his location where he hangs out Strike up a conversation and start hanging out around him or with him. He'll start noticing you for sure.

• tell him in message

What Girls Said 2

• Don't see a problem in only a years age difference. Everyone's a winner, you get a toy boy, he gets a hot older girl, what's not to like. Problems, he might be noticably less mature than you. Approaching him.. be casual, try speaking to him on his own, spend some time together, keep his number... he might open up a bit if you guys text or something.

• Been there, done that. I was a sophomore and he was a freshman, you want the truth? Worse relationship I have ever had. I was the one taking the first step, and I was the one ending the relationship. I added him on Facebook and I started to talk to him casually and 1 month after we were together, like you said there were barely any feelings and it was just kissing and dumb stuff. I mean if you find the guy attractive and you want to make out with him go for it, but dont get stuck in a relationship in high school. It becomes boring.