Girls, are you more inclined to say no to a guy who approaches you wearing a geeky shirt?

Like something with star wars or video game related and some jeans.

Would you be put off by a guy who approached you wearing that?

• yes
  • no
  • it depends (please explain)
  • I'm a guy and want to see results

Most Helpful Girl

• Whenever i see a guy with an old school Mario or Zelda tee on, i immediately like them. It makes me feel like we have something in common cause those games were a big part of my childhood. I think it would depend on the girl and what video games or movies she's into. The only problem i guess, would be that for some girls (not all girls) a tee with a video game on it could be seen as immature, i guess. But you have to be honest and be yourself, if you love that tee then wear it, and you'll probably attract someone you have more in common with.

• "if you love that tee then wear it, and you'll probably attract someone you have more in common with."
      exactly what I feel t-shirts should be used for. Also why I never wear shirts that advertise things I don't like on them. :P

What Girls Said 11

• depends on the shirt.

• I don't care what a person wears, as long as he is nice and he isn't a pervert or a bad guy then it's fine

• No, it would make me more likely to say yes. I'm a nerd too :)

• er no - its him that matters not the shirt he's wearing you know

• It depends if he's cute or not xD Some nerdy guys I actually find hot.

• I would say no. I mean there's that saying that says "don't judge a book by its cover" (or in this case, shirt). I may be being a little biased though, since I'm kind of nerdy myself.

• but would it look tacky to you? would you prefer a guy dressed in something else when he approaches you?

• Well, I don't expect guys to be wearing tuxedos all the time. I personally don't care about what guys wear as long as it looks like they shower and don't smell or something like that.

• if he's wearing a star wars tshirt then yes i would say no. but im more inclined to say yes to geeky looking guys in general and turn down guys that are too confident aka cocky.

• why whats wrong with star wars? :P

• Nothing is wrong with Star Wars, if I read her answer correctly, Asker. I think she meant "No" as in the poll answer to your question "Would you be put off by a guy who approached you wearing that?"... which would mean that the shirt was not a deterrent.

If I am wrong on that assumption, Mzxyumi, I apologize for chiming in.

• No, I meant a Star Wars tee wouldn't do it for me. Sorry! There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just not a fan. But then again, if he says the right things, it wouldn't matter.
      No need to apologize, Arcano.

• It depends on how attractive he is.

• but the shirt doesn't matter to you whatsoever?

• No. I like nerdy shirts, they're awesome. But it doesn't matter when the guy is unattractive.

• I dont judge a person by the shirt they wear.

• Half of my boyfriends tshirts are video game themed and the other half are beatles themed. I think its cute, plus its always easy to find him a neat gift I know he'll like.

• I didn't even know what a geek shirt was until you provided an example.
    I'm not put off by it, but will maybe think twice if it's a band/ movie I really didn't like. Even so, some people just buy a shirt because they like the color or whatnot.

But let's review, does this guy look good or is all about low maintenance?

What Guys Said 2