Do you prefer a guy to be more like you or the opposite of you?

Do you think opposites attract or are you more attracted to similar guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like when a guy's personality is different from mine, but his views and values are the same. I feel that is a great match. For example, I am a closed person. It is very hard for me to express myself and my feelings, and to open up to someone. There are literally only two people in the world I feel comfortable enough to share my emotions with, and even then I struggle to find the right words to say. I find it difficult to truly forgive and forget, although I am a very amiable, even-tempered person who is diplomatic and can get along with most people.

That said, I would like a guy who expresses himself very easily and connects easily with others. Someone who is compassionate and understanding. Someone who finds it natural to forgive and forget. The reason why I would want him to possess those qualities is so that he could teach me how to be that way. I want to be able to express myself better, and be less judgmental when it comes to how I view others.

Despite the rather drastic personality differences, though, I would definitely need someone who agrees with my point of view and morals and shares my way of thinking.

What Girls Said 10

• I like people who are similar to me: like I know my type is the type of guy who is an atheist and a liberal like me , and hates watching sports on tv like me. I'd kind of like not find much to like about that person if they were too different from me. Like one of my exes decided to become like an uber zealous born again christian and a republican and I wasn't able to talk to him about much after that. He would just like talk to me about the church and about his sports and it pissed me the fuck off after a couple of months

• Well , they have to have a lot of things in common just in general. I'm not the type to settle for anyone in between either as I haven't dated for 2 years and single feels so good. And I'm not giving up my freedom until I find someone I just instantly click with who is a lot like me

• I prefer a guy to be totally like me, but with a penis. I can't stand people opposite to me.

• Opposite and similar attract. It's more about how well you play together. There are some variables that should be similar for long term survival such as intelligence and some values. I've mainly been with opposites but the odd similar teaches me a lot about myself. It's a difference experience but both are good.

• Hmm something between Ultimate Ninja and washize. after all , upon second thought, i do tend to prefer guys like me, its just a pain in the ass bc im so bad at communicating my feelings. Take two people who suck at it and it takes years to get down to the bottom of things. On the other hand it feels more genuine when it isn't the easiest thing to do, hats attractive to me. Earnest struggle, facing adversity tc tc. ... attraction is attraction.

• I like a similar personality. I don't think I connect emotionally with personalities too different from my own.

• similar. I'd have less fun if we're opposites. For example: I could never enjoy talking about computers while some guys clearly do. So I won't like a guy that's really into computers.

• I think its attractive when a guy is like me, we have things we relate to and for example, my bf and I are the same zodiac sign and we can relate to many things; his personality is similar to mine so we can't complain because we're very alike. We talk all the time!! He never gets boring

• Hum something in between?

• I'd prefer similar, but we can still be a little different.

• Some of both.

Got to have something in common. Also need to not be exactly the same = same problems

What Guys Said 3

• My girl and I are total opposite from each other. She's a high strung type and I'm a laid back person.

It's actually a perfect match. I calm her down and she gets me motivated when I need it.

• haha its refreshing you ddnt just stop at "It's actually a perfect match. I calm her down"

a lot of people would ;p

• If I wanted to date myself, I'd remain single the rest of my life

• Dude no, I don't want a guy!!