What would you think if a guy told you he is an underwater welder?

So you just met the guy and when you ask him what he does he tells you he is an underwater welder. He talks about how dangerous it is but its good money. Then he tells you he's joking.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd think his sense of humor isn't all that great OR I didn't get the joke

What Girls Said 4

• I would believe it at first and say it sounds interesting and probably ask how he got that occupation. And when he says "I'm joking" I would say burst out laughing.

• I'd tell him he'd need to get a better joke book.

• I would think that's pretty cool

But also a lie.

• Its a real job, typically they work on ships and bridges underwater its a real job

• Omg i would ask if i can go diving with him!! Its dangerous yes. but why not!!!

What Guys Said 5

• I'd think this guy is a chronic liar or bull-shitter.

Not very smart to lie on the initial meeting. If it's an obvious joke, then fine. But there actually are underwater welders. That being said, the lie was not even funny, so this guy has some problems understanding when a lie or joke is acceptable.

His lie served no purpose. It wasn't funny, it wasn't a joke. He just lied... just because he could. Personally, I'd think he's an idiot.

• Is the implication that there's no such thing? There is such a thing. It's done on ships, metal pilings, oil rigs, underwater pipelines, etc. I knew a guy who did it, he learned it in the navy.

• That he makes A LOT of money for sure!

• So his name is Joe King and he's an underwater welder, whats the problem?