Isn't online dating really only for people who are desperate and losers?

Why on earth a beautiful, socially vibrant, and successful girl or a man for that matter turn to the internet to find the “one”. ?

I know the people won’t jump to bed marry and have kids over the internet with a click of a button as many people seem to think I know the internet is just a medium here but why use it in the first place unless you are a total desperate case?

I am sure that many agree with me that women and men with the above traits are spoiled for choice and they do not need the internet considering the fact that 90% of people there never shows their true colours.

Men expect one and one thing only.
Women lie lie lie about almost everything about them... be it reducing their weight, their age, their hobbies, their expectations (big ones)...

Looking at a picture and seeing the person in real life can be disappointing.
and the simple thought of saying we met online, can be daunting...

Same thing really when you see a beautiful girl in real life would not you know that she almost certainly is NOT single?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a ton of desperate, crazy, mentally unstable, emotionally unhinged men and women who do online dating.

There are also wallflowers, hermits, people who just moved to a new city, and people who work/study too much to meet other people.

However I think that the number of desperate, crazy, mentally unstable, emotionally unhinged men and women who do online dating greatly outnumber the number of normal people who are wallflowers, hermits, people who just moved to a new city, and people who work/study too much to meet other people.

What Girls Said 9

• There are loads of desperate and creepy people on there. At least guys, I don't know what the girls are like. But there def are some good people on there that are just not good at flirting or meeting people

I also think you're wrong with your assumption. A lot of beautiful and successful women don't have an easy time dating because just as you a lot of guys assume they're take or they're just too nervous to ask them out. Online dating is essentially telling people that you're available in a bar or so, they wouldn't know

• Because she doesn't have time to find. someone? Mothers no difference between online dating and meeting someone randomly at a grocery store

• haha well, I consider myself to become successful. and, I have been on a few before. Though, I have never found a guy I liked :S no luck.

• this was a long time ago i will add.

• Well, her photo certainly beats yours hands-down. They say men are supposed to get better with age, like a good wine. Inevitably, some old wine turns to vinegar if the cork isn't on tight.

• thanks, Honey

• I used a dating site and found someone, I don't go out an party or go to bars or clubs, and I never get approached by guys because I'm disabled.

• I was on one a few times. I didn't find anything so I just deleted it

• I don't automatically think that someone on a dating site is a loser.

• No offense, but 9/10 times: yes. I wouldn't exactly call them 'desperate and losers' though, that's a bit harsh.

• No, of course not.
    When you think about it, it's really no different than going OUT to meet people.
    Many people are turned off by the idea of going to a club or bar to meet single people, so this is just another place to go to meet single people in the area. What's wrong with that? :-)

• I think some people who are desperate turn to online dating, but also I think there are people who just don't have time to go out and meet people. People who are working and don't always have time to go out might use online dating.

What Guys Said 9

• Where are you haters from? the boondocks? If you live in a metropolitan city that is industrialized with tech; this has been the best method of meeting people.

I do not think its fair to generalize that only losers, creepers, and desperate people use online dating. These people are everywhere not just online. You meet them at the bar, club, school, work, and even introduced through friends also.

Here are some benefits to online dating
    - you can filter out who you want to date ( if you're a good judge of character you can tell whose not telling the truth )
    - you can meet a lot more singles in a very short amount of time
    - you can plan and organize a date with a different person almost everyday of the week if you have the time
    - you can see what types of girls or guys have an interest in you
    - and many others

I've had a good experience and find online dating to be a lot of Fun. Maybe because I don't fit the above stereo type so a pleasant surprise for all my dates. LOL. But hey, do what works for you.

• Why on earth a beautiful, socially vibrant, and successful girl or a man for that matter turn to the internet to find the “one”. ?

-Because they can't find them in person?

Anyways, the problem with dating sites are that they are mostly fraudulent. I don't know of any that are truly good to go on to find someone.

• What made you ask this question, and why do you feel so passionately about it?

A few reasons why someone would use an Online dating Site are: if you're not good at meeting people in public, have a 3rd shift job, want to see who's single in your area, are better with written communication than with verbal communication.

• I believe it to be so but at the same time I can always be proven wrong.

• Its generally just full of men who are desperate losers, men who are just hoping to get some easy sex and women who aren't looking to meet but want attention and validation.

• I would say, 99.9% true in case of women; much less in case of guys.

• No, that isn't the only type of people that use dating sites. HOWEVER... the majority of people on dating sites seem to have trouble approaching/talking to people in person (and they don't address that issue in themselves), so they turn to online dating to try and cover those things up. Also, from seeing friends get involved with girls from online dating sites, more often than not they end up being really, really insecure and/or have some pretty major issues that they can at least hide in the online portion of meeting someone.

So yeah, saying that it's for desperate losers is a bit of a bold statement (and one that doesn't need to be said like that at all), but online dating is NOT the way of the future like some people say.

• If you include the Tinder app as online dating, then I have had massive success with online dating. I just work a lot of hours at work, and I don't work with many women my age.

• Tinder is better than most as it comes closer to the real-life experience of meeting someone based on looks first and then finding out more about them.

None of that tedious nonsense with long questionnaires where many people just lie through their teeth.

• I never heard of Tinder until a few days ago but a lot of people say it's nothing but spam?

• You should give it a try. I started using it at the beginning of the year and I've had sex with several girls from it since then. Just officially started dating one of them a couple weeks back. I live in a college town though, so there is a huge pool of people to choose from. I'm not sure if it would work well if you live in a smaller city.