Ladies, Kiss on the first date or to soon to even attempt?

I've recently been online dating and been on a few dates. Its a very interesting new way to date if you haven't tried it. Anyway, knowing that anyone you meet online is probably talking to a handful of others...

If the first date is going well and you know that both of you have a connection and attracted to each other. Should the guy make a move to solidify his "spot" in taking it to the next step and see if fireworks shoot off? Or is still way to soon?

This is with the intention of actually being in a relationship and not just a one night stand.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its different for everyone. Personally, I think its very off putting if a guy tries to kiss me on the first date. I don't respond well to that at all. I would prefer getting to know him better.

What Girls Said 4

• i prefer to kiss on the first date (if im feeling it)
    if he doesn't, i feel like i might have did something wrong and he isn't into me at all. and i'll leave constantly thinking why he didn't kiss me.
    but i understand that not everyone wants to kiss on a first date, so if he didn't.. then i'd want him to call/text me fairly soon telling me he had a good time or that he wants to do it again.

• I don't really mind, but I prefer it if he waits til the second date to go in for the kiss. A kiss on the cheek just seems appropriate and sweet for a first date.

• i prefer to wait but it's ok if i like him. not too much though.

• Cheek is safer. Try going for the cheek like close to her mouth but not on it and see how she reacts.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say it depends on the woman and the situation. Generally, if a kiss would be welcomed, you'll know it.

My personal experience has been that I typically wait til the second date. It's just what seems to work best for me.

• I would do a hug kiss on the cheek type of deal. I'm mostly Hispanic and we do this anyway, so I get away with it either way. But you should wait until the second or third date to kiss on the lips.