How do girls like to be hugged?

After going out with my friends the girls always say goodbye with a hug. But I always feel a little awkward hugging the girls becuase I don't really know what to do or what is normal. Is there something I can keep in mind for the next time we go out?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a girl you don't know well, hugging her with only one arm is a good choice. It makes it seem more casual and kind of like "hey I don't know you that well yet, but I know you well enough to give you a quick hug like this." When you know a girl a little bit better, you can do the "cross hug" (I don't know what to call it haha). It's basically the one where you put your right arm over her shoulder and your left arm under her arm. So when she hugs you back the same way, it forms a cross... kinda. I'm sorry I'm bad at explaining hahaha. And if you know her really well, you can hug her waist while she hugs your neck. Back hugs are cool too. :)

What Girls Said 2

• Okay so um it really depends on how well you know the girl. me personally i love when a guys hugs me around my wait. its just the cutest thing ever. especially if he smells good. and if he holds me for a few seconds. not just a quick hug but a really passionate hug, those are always the best.. :)

• Nice snug fit hug but dont shove my face into you , cause you will smear my lip gloss lol

What Guys Said 3

• How about not be hesitant. It's hard to give a hug if you hesitate before hand. Otherwise any kind of hug will feel normal.

• A good firm grasp from the front.

• it depends how close you are with the girls. It can be a full frontal hug and your arms are around the girl. Another kind of hug is done a bit from the side, with only one arm over her back (shoulder blades). Your bodies don't touch that much. it usually goes with a kiss on the cheeks.