Why do white latinas hate or dislike Black men?

I went the dating forum discussing whether If attractive Latina likes to date white or black men. From the responses, some Latinas said that dating a black guy is gross and made hateful comments while white men are praise in the highest light. I'm a West Indian guy born in New York and mostly like all races of women but mainly attracted to Latinas in my whole life. I don't fit the stereotype of Black men who sag their pants, listen to rap, write ebonics, smoke nor drink. I Just what to know what all of you see in a white guys? Whats the difference? Should personality matter rather than skin color.

Most Helpful Girl

• This reminds me of what my grandma says. I'm Hispanic/Latin my grandma is always saying how we have to improve our race not make it worse. But that's her way of thinking. She sees the stereotypical black guy all around so maybe that has something to do with it. I used to live in a place where all different types of people were seen and now that I moved I see only white men. So she tells me all the time to get myself a white boyfriend (I guess because she assumes they're a better race.)

Personally for me I'm attracted to all types of guys. I don't discriminate against any guy because of his race, ethnicity or skin color. Its all about the personality for me. I've liked Hispanic/Latin, African American, Caucasian, and even a guy from India. All based on personality. But that's just me.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm a Latina and I don't hate black men XD. I had a huge crush on my gay bff's ex roomate who was like black mixed with Native American and he played the saxophone which is like pretty hot. And you probably are a nice guy but sometimes people judge people by race like if they are all alone walking down the streets, I do it sometimes and I feel bad about it. But I only Judge black people who don't dress nicely since they usually whistle at or do a rape glare as I walk by the bus station. and its only with men though, and white unclean hobos with beards also scare me because they have perved on me as well. I also don't like unkept latino men with rape face , its just that there are more black men in the city so...

• What exactly is a rape face?

I'm curious because this term, or similar ones has been used to describe guys. I have been told that I look pissed off (even if I'm in deep thought.)

• Rape face is that type of lewed stare that men give women. It can be scary sometimes

• Lol @ rape face! :-P

• Sadly, in a lot of hispanic culture there seems to be some colorism, especially from the men, not all, but many of the hispanic guys i know (i'm half mexican) don't want there sisters/daughters dating dark skinned or black men and so many of the hispanic girls i know also don't find them attractive. One latina friend of mine exclusively dates black men, that's just her preference and who she's attracted to. But it really depends on the girl, not all hispanics are like that, i for one have dated black men and i don't care about race, i care about the guy, you just have to find latinas (typically less traditional and conservative) that feel that way, they are out there :)

• Yea the same thing for indian girls, our parents don't want us dating dark skinned or black men or mixed guys lol. But I am an individual i will do whoever i wanna date lol

• OMG Do you not realize this exact question has been asked a million times on here. For God's sake who the fuck cares if they don't want to date you.

• We should just ban this question already. I think that Latins and all of the women on this site don't like you because you are a sore self entitled looser who blames girls for your problems.

• Why do you even bother going on anon anymore?

• NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN >>>>>>>>>>> www.thefrisky.com/.../Eye-roll-GIF.gif

• If personality matters more than skin color, you wouldn't be so focused on white Latinas. Obviously race does matter if you yourself place a premium on certain types of women based on race.

Whitewashed black people can't have it both ways. You can't complain that race doesn't matter and people should not judge you because you're black and then turn around and prefer white people and praise them in the highest light.

• Im latina and like both white and black men but I have dated more black me :)

• Oh! Is that how it is. Fine then I'll take my fine White Ass else where...

• haha well if you are fine I won't turn u down

• its just a prefence.. they can be picky just like you.. its like if a black girl asked why you dont want to date her... you might not be as mean but its still a prefrence.. dont be such a hipocrite..

What Guys Said 6

• There are Latinas that dat date black, white, Asian , jewish, christian, hindu

Listen! You just need to find a Latina that does date black men. Heck... a I've had Latinas show interest in me... a black man!

The parts have to fit: you can't squeeze a square peg in a round hole.

• white guys like Asians yellow skin and Latina tan skin just as a genetic physical attraction. the Latino girls may not being thinking of it racist but just something inside tells them there attracted to certain things

but yes your personalty should count no matter who you are

• I have definitely had Latinas girls attracted to me and I'm a black guy.

Most girls who say they don't black guys are referring to the gangxta hood mentality ones...or black dudes they aren't attracted to physically.

• Well dating forums like that are usually populated by messed up in the head type of people. They have fetishes & are not Representative of their actual group think of them like cannibals they exist but are not the norm. I wouldn't think too much of it. (:

• Classy latinas don't pay much attention to me. In fact one rejected me who was a friend and the other gave me a fake #after we'd been talking for a little while. I think it's just the circumstances you find yourself in.

• Classy Latinas? I didn't realize such a thing existed.

"West Indian"? So feather, not dot?